Visa 186 Direct Entry Stream: Permanent Resident Pathway for Skilled Workers
186 Direct Entry Stream is one of the streams under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa. It is similar to other Skilled Point Tested Visa, which directly leads you to permanent residency.
However, you must be nominated by your employers and aren’t living in Australia’s regional area.
Are you interested in getting this visa? Find below the requirements and other important information about the 186 visa direct entry stream.
What are the requirements to get 186 Visa Direct Entry?
You must meet the eligibility of visa 186 requirements to apply for this visa so you can work, live and stay permanently in Australia:
- You must be nominated for eligible occupations in Australia. Check here for skilled occupations.
- You must be nominated by an Australian sponsor that is lawfully legal.
- You are at least experienced in your nominated occupation for 3 years
- If you intend to work in the territory, you must have the license or be registered as a professional.
- You must be under 45 years old when you apply, but you can be exempted from age requirements in certain situations.
- Meet Australia’s health and character requirements.
- You must at least have Competent English.
- You never had any previous visa refusals.
Sponsor Requirement for Employee Nomination Scheme
Your sponsor also must meet the requirements, which include the following:
- The sponsor must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident visa holder.
- The sponsor must be under a legal business admitted to the law.
- The sponsor must provide you as a worker with the same terms and conditions of employment as those offered to Australian workers in the same occupation. It includes paying you as their worker, which aligns with the annual market salary rate.
- The sponsor must have a genuine need for you as their worker in their business.
- They cost $540 to nominate you.
- Their nominations won’t last for you when you don’t apply for the visa within 6 months prior or are refused by 186 subclasses.
It is worth mentioning that the requirements may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the sponsorship, so it is best to seek more detailed information from a migration agent or the Department of Home Affairs.
If you wish to check your eligibility, please get in touch with us via email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 827 159.
What Differentiate 186 Direct Entry Stream from the Other Streams?
As we know, the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa has 3 different streams:
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- Labour Agreement Stream
- Direct Entry Stream
Among these streams, the Direct Entry stream is the only stream that does not require you to hold either a 482 visa or a 494 visa. Meanwhile, the other 2 streams require you to hold a valid 482 visa or 494 visa.
How much will it cost to apply for this visa?
You cost around AUD 4,240 and more extra charge for each family member if you bring them to apply. Neither will it cost more for you to pay health checks, police certificates and biometrics and of course, you can calculate the visa’s cost with a visa pricing estimator.
Be noted that the visa fee might change every July of each year.
How long is the processing time?
The processing time varies from 4 months to 14 months, depending on your documents, and it’s described below:
- 25% of applications: 4 Months
- 50% of applications: 6 Months
- 75% of applications: 10 Months
- 90% of applications: 14 Months
However, it can be longer if:
- You don’t fill the forms correctly (please be careful)
- You don’t complete the requested documents or information they need from you.
- It takes time for them to verify your identity
It looks like you won’t pass these things easily if you are a newbie with these important things when you‘re going to stay in the country. Here, find the solutions:
Are you looking for professional assistance with the 186 Direct Entry Stream application?
Our visa specialists at ONEderland Consulting will assist you with 186 Direct Entry Stream visa in Australia. We have a 98% success rate and are one of Australia’s most highly recommended migration agents. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
We are complex visa specialists. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first step and get in touch with us. Our team members are professional and honest and speak various languages, such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, and Thai. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online, and it is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee Program.