3 Ways to Become an Australian Permanent Resident in 2023
Are you planning to be an Australian Permanent Resident? Have you found the best pathway to getting an Australian permanent resident?
As you might have been aware, the Australian government provides many visa subclasses with an Australian permanent residency pathway. You have to find among those visa subclasses which would suit you best.
Choosing a visa subclass is very important for becoming an Australian permanent resident. So, in this article, we will discuss how to get an Australian permanent residency with detailed information for each Family Visa subclass.
Before that, find out how being an Australian Permanent Resident will benefit you
Being an Australian permanent resident will benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Live in Australia indefinitely and legally, means you have the right to live in Australia indefinitely and also enjoy its high standard of living
- Working and studying in Australia with no limitations means, as a permanent resident you are allowed to work and study in Australia without restrictions
- Enrol in Medicare to get health service, means you will have access to subsidized medical services, including doctor’s visits and hospital care.
- Apply for a bank loan to buy a property
- Sponsor your relative or family to visit Australia or to get them a permanent residency
- If eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want – as long as your travel facility is still valid
- Attend free English language classes
- Legal protection means you will have legal protection under Australian law, including the same rights as Australian citizens when it comes to labor laws and other legal matters
- Work in New Zealand
You may also qualify for other Australian government benefits and services. In general, being an Australian permanent resident gives you similar advantages as being an Australian citizen. Great, isn’t it?
3 Pathways to Become an Australian Permanent Resident
To be an Australian permanent resident means you must lodge and be granted an Australian permanent visa. There are many different permanent visa subclasses that you may consider. In general, those permanent Australian visa subclasses are grouped into 3 big groups:
- Family Visa stream
- The family visa stream is for partners, children, parents or dependent relatives of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. It means that if you are a family member of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you can get an Australian permanent residency through a Family visa stream.
- Here are your visa options to move as a partner or other family members of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Working Visa stream
- Business Visa stream
- The business visa stream is for those who plan to open or invest in a business in Australia.
- You can find your visa option to move as a businessman/woman to Australia permanently here.
Are there any other pathways to getting a permanent residency?
Yes, there are other pathways to getting a permanent residency. One of the recent pathways that the Australian government created is a permanent residency pathway for retirees. It provides options for the long-term residents who have contributed to and are well-established in the community.
The Australian government also opens a permanent residency pathway for Global Talent Visa holders who are internationally recognized for exceptional and outstanding achievements.
The last available pathway is a permanent residency pathway for the refugees through refugee and humanitarian visas. It only applies to those who left their home country due to persecution or other life-threatening conditions.
ONE derland Consulting is here to guide you
Many options available to be an Australian permanent resident might confuse you. Don’t worry; ONE derland Consulting is here to guide you.
We understand that applying for a visa to Australia is very complicated. It is even more challenging during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our visa specialists at ONEderland Consulting will help you assess your visa options. We have a 98% success rate and are one of Australia’s most highly recommended migration agents. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
We are complex visa specialists. As registered Australian migration agents with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first step and get in touch with us. Our team members are professional and honest and speak various languages such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, and Thai. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone on 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online, and it is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee Program.