🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

Dependent Child Visa (Temporary) Visa 445 – Complete Information

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448
Updated February 2023
445 Visa - Dependent Child Visa (Temporary) Australia

445 visa aims for your children to live, work and study in Australia temporarily. It is for them to wait for you as their parent to get a permanent partner visa. The child is able to travel with legal consent into Australia to stay with the parents. The child can apply for this visa when the parents are holders of Temporary Partner Visa (subclass 309 or subclass 820).

What you can do with this visa

  • Your child can study, work and live in Australia temporarily..
  • Your child could travel into or from Australia without travel restrictions and get medicare or health care from Australia’s government, if eligible.

It allows every child to be granted this visa because it enables them to remain in Australia with their parents and apply for a permanent residence visa at the same time. A dependent child may bring their own child to Australia while on this visa.

Dependent Child Visa (Temporary) Visa 445 Basic Eligibility

  • Your child is eligible if you are a holder of Australian Temporary Partner Visa (subclass 309 or subclass 820)
  • Your child should be below 18 years old or between 18 and 25 to stay in Australia.
  • Your child must meet health and character requirements,
  • Your child must be physically and financially dependent on you as their parent.
  • Your child at least is your responsibility and sponsor.

When you apply for this visa, the child should be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance when the application is submitted and at the time of grant. The child can’t apply for this visa if they are in Australia on another visa with “NO FURTHER” stay condition.

Consider the following requirements before apply for your child:

  • Guarantee your child that staying with you in the country is in their best interest.
  • Prove that it is acceptable for your child to be granted this visa and for everyone who respects the child’s decisions.
  • If your child is over 18 years old, they agreed to sign the forms about obligations for Australian laws.
  • If your child is under 18 years old, they need written consent from people who can legally decide whether they stay in the country or not.

Dependent Child Visa (Temporary) Visa 445 Visa Cost

The costs are shown below, regardless of whether you’re applying for a visa from within or outside of Australia:

The cost for main applicant is AUD 2,790.

The cost for dependent applicant 18 years old and above is AUD 1,395.

The cost for dependent below 18 years old is AUD 700.

There is a fee charge if you bring additional family (not siblings) to apply with your child as the main applicant.

It should be noted that the main applicant’s siblings must apply separately for their own, and the dependent child must have their own visa.

The visa cost might change in July every year.

Visa 445 Processing Times

The processing time varies from 4 months to 10 months depending on changes of the processing times every month in a year and it’s described below:

  • 25% of applications: 4 Months
  • 50% of applications: 5 Months
  • 75% of applications: 7 Months
  • 90% of applications: 10 Months

There appears to be a most recent update for visa 445 processing times, that you may learn more about in the article: Subclass 445 Visa Processing Times November 2022 – Australian Information

However, conditions that affect for processing times to be be longer if:

  • You don’t fill in the documents correctly
  • You need more copies to be granted, or they need more information from you and your children.
  • It takes their time to ensure your applications.
  • It’s cliche, but you must prove that you have biological similarities with your child.

How long is the Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445) last?

This is a temporary visa, and it’s valid when the visa is granted. You must immediately include your child in your application for a permanent partner visa once the visa is granted.

You must ensure they are eligible for your permanent partner eligibility if they’re over 18 years old. They are unable to extend their stay in the country by re-applying for this visa.

Frequently Asked Questions For Subclass 445 Visa

ONE derland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your questions!

  1. Can we apply for the child if me and my partner are in a de-facto relationship and still waiting for a permanent partner visa?
    • Yes, you can apply for the 445 visa for your child even though you are in a de-facto relationship. You must make sure that you hold a valid subclass 309 or subclass 820 visa.
  2. How about other evidence to prove that they’re still dependents of me as their parents, despite the fact that they’re over 18?
    • It is best to get the advice from the professional registered migration agent to avoid providing false documents. Book your appointment with our registered migration agent here.
  3. How do I apply for my child when I’m still outside of Australia?
    • You can send all documents to the respective processing centre in your country of residence. Click here to see the respective processing centre in your country of residence.
  4. What if I’m granted a permanent partner visa in Australia, can my child apply for this visa?
    • You can’t apply for this visa if your permanent partner visa has been granted. You may consider to find other visa option to bring your child living in Australia with you.

Steps to Apply Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

  1. Check if your child’s passport is valid,
  2. Gather your physical evidence such as:
    • Your child’s identity documents,
    • Photographs of your child,
    • Character documents, ensure your child above 16 must provide these documents 80 – Personal particulars for assessment, including character assessment.
    • Provide evidence of your relationship with your child (such as a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, an adoption certificate, a family status certificate or a family book)
    • Your child’s financial documents if they’re over 18 to ensure that your child is still dependent on you as the parents (bank statements, money transfers, rent receipts)
    • For children under 18 years of age, ensure to have parental responsibility documents.
  3. Apply for your visa, and make sure that you won’t make any mistakes.
    • This visa must be applied for on the paper and posted to the respective processing centre.
    • Make sure that your child is in Australia, if they want to apply onshore
  4. When you have this visa,
    • Once granted this visa, your child must apply for the same permanent Partner visa as you.
    • Your child must be known for Australian laws while they’re staying in the country.
    • If they want to travel, make sure that you have this visa granted and when it’s not granted yet, ensure that your child has another eligible visa in Australia.

Share This Information, Choose Your Platform!

Looking for a Professional For The Child Visa subclass 445?

We’ve helped both of you as the parents or the child that needs high-quality document work for Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445) applications. You had the best option for your next step. Let ONE derland Consulting, the best Visa 445 for Australia expert in Perth, handle your case.

Contact us through the form below to take your child with their first step of the journey to Australia!

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent – MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting