Post Study Work Stream – Post Graduate Visa 485 Requirements
There are some requirements that you have to be met for applying this 485 visa stream, such as:
- Must be under 50 years old;
- Must hold the student visa after 5 November 2011;
- Must meet the Australian study requirement, e.g the course was a CRICOS registered course and has completed all course requirements;
- Must hold eligible qualifications, in this case, a bachelors, masters or doctoral degree;
- Must have eligible English skill language or have a passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland;
- Must have adequate health insurance;
- Must provide the health and character requirement;
- Must not have any debt to the Australian government;
- Must not have had a visa cancelled or visa refusal.
More Details About Post Graduate Visa 485 – Post Study Work Stream
You may include your family, which in this case is your partner and your dependent child.
The applicant should be onshore while lodging this application, while the subsequent entrants can be in or out of Australia.
The visa fee for this application is $1,650 AUD for the main applicant.
The processing time for this temporary graduate visa 485 – post study work stream starts from 84 days – 3 months.
If you are granted this post graduate visa, you may stay between 2 and 4 years, depending on your qualifications.
if you hold a bachelor’s or master’s by coursework degree, you will get 2 year visa.
If you hold master by research, you will get 3 years visa, then while you are holding the doctoral degree, you will get 4 years visa.
Within this timeframe, you have full work and study rights, and are also free to travel from and to Australia.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Temporary Graduate Visa 485 – Post Study Work Stream
ONEderland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your Post Graduate Visa questions!
- What is the difference of Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream?
- The difference is on the qualification requirement.
- The Graduate Work Stream is eligible for applicants who just finished their diploma or advanced diploma.
- While Post Study stream is for applicants who have finished their bachelor, master, or PhD degree.
- Is it mandatory to have a skill assessment when apply for the Graduate Work stream?
- Yes, it is. You need to have a positive outcome of skill assessment in order to be granted this visa application.
- If I am not meeting the criteria for IELTS requirement, what should I do?
- There are few options to be able to show your English capability. Apart from IELTS, you can try TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, OET, or Cambridge C1 Advanced Test.
- I am holding an OSHC for my student visa. Can I use it for graduate visa application?
- Unfortunately, you can’t. You would need to obtain OVHC as a requirement for this visa application.
- What if my visa got refused? Can I appeal?
- You would need to have a look at the refusal letter given by the Department. If it stated the decision can be reviewed, therefore you can lodge an appeal within a specific timeframe.
- How long does it take for processing the visa application for Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream?
- Graduate Work Stream processing time is between 5 – 6 months while the Post-Study Work stream is between 57 days – 6 months.
- How much the visa fee for Graduate visa?
- The visa fee is AUD 1,650 for the main applicant. The additional applicant over 18 years old will be charged AUD 825 and the additional applicant under 18 will be charged AUD 415.
- Should I apply the visa onshore or offshore?
- You can be inside Australia when applying for this visa. Due to COVID 19, the Department will allow the graduates to apply offshore and may grant this visa while the applicant is offshore.
- Can I include my family members?
- Yes, you can include family members in your application when you apply. Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
- Is there any time limit to apply graduate visa?
- Yes it is, you must apply within 6 months of completion of your Australian studies.
- You must either hold a student visa when you apply, or to have held a student visa within the last 6 months.
- You must also make sure that you apply prior to expiry of your student visa.
- Will I get the bridging visa after I apply the visa onshore?
- If you apply the onshore graduate visa, before your student visa cease, you will be granted the Bridging Visa A.
- This BVA will be your valid visa while waiting the decision of the graduate visa. Usually, this BVE will allow you to work in Australia.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485 Four Steps Process
Check your eligibility for the visa
The first thing you need to do before you apply for a Partner visa subclass 820 and 801 is check your eligibility.
You need to make sure you have met all the criteria and requirements for this Australia spouse visa.
Skill Assessment – for Graduate Work Stream
You need to check with the assessing authority for your nominated occupation.
Then, apply for a skill assessment as one of the requirement for graduate visa.
After you make sure that you have fulfilled the requirements, you can then gather all the required and additional documents to complete and support your application.
You can apply online through your IMMI account.
If successful, you can stay temporarily in Australia, depends on which stream you’ve applied for. If got refused, the DHA will inform you in writing.