485 Visa – English Requirements Temporary Graduate Visa
English skill is one of the most important requirements that needs to be fulfilled in regards to applying for the Temporary Graduate Visa subclass 485. There are many types of English tests, such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc that you can take to assess your English language level. You may contact the official website from each of the English tests to arrange the test time. If you don’t meet this eligibility, you won’t be able to apply for the visa.
485 Visa English Requirements
Please see below for more information regarding each of the English test:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Test
To do this, you must show evidence that in the last 3 years, you obtained:
|English Test||Minimum for Overall Score||Total Overall Score||English Components|
|Cambridge Advanced Test||169||154||154||154||154|
Frequently Asked Questions For Subclass 485 Visa
ONE derland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your subclass 485 visa questions!
- What is the difference between the Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream of the 485 visa Australia?
- The difference is in the qualification requirement.
- The Graduate Work Stream of the subclass 485 visa Australia is eligible for applicants who just finished their diploma or advanced diploma.
- While the Post Study stream of the subclass 485 visa Australia is for applicants who have finished their bachelor, master, or PhD degree.
- Is it mandatory to have a skill assessment when applying for the Graduate Work stream?
- Yes, it is. You need to have a positive outcome of skill assessment in order to be granted the 485 visa Australia.
- If I am not meeting the criteria for IELTS requirement, what should I do?
- There are few options to be able to show your English capability. Apart from IELTS, you can try TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, OET, or Cambridge C1 Advanced Test.
- I am holding an OSHC for my student visa. Can I use it for a subclass 485 visa Australia application?
- Unfortunately, you can’t. You would need to obtain OVHC as a requirement for this visa application.
- What if my visa got refused? Can I appeal?
- You would need to have a look at the refusal letter given by the Department. If it stated the decision can be reviewed, therefore you can lodge an appeal within a specific timeframe.
- How long does it take for processing the visa application for Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream?
- Graduate Work Stream processing time is between 28 – 77 days while the Post-Study Work stream is between 21 days – 3 months.
- How much is the visa fee for a Temporary Graduate subclass 485 visa Australia?
- The visa fee is AUD 1,895 for the main applicant. The additional applicant over 18 years old will be charged AUD 950 and the additional applicant under 18 will be charged AUD 475.
- Should I apply for the temporary graduate visa 485 Australia onshore or offshore?
- You can be inside Australia when applying for this visa. Due to COVID 19, the Department will allow the graduates to apply offshore and may grant this visa while the applicant is offshore.
- Can I include my family members?
- Yes, you can include family members in your 485 visa Australia application when you apply. Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
- Is there any time limit to apply for a temporary graduate visa 485 Australia?
- Yes it is, you must apply within 6 months of completion of your Australian studies.
- You must either hold a student visa when you apply, or to have held a student visa within the last 6 months.
- You must also make sure that you apply prior to expiry of your student visa.
- Will I get the bridging visa after I apply the visa onshore?
- If you apply for the onshore temporary graduate visa 485 Australia, before your student visa ceases, you will be granted the Bridging Visa A.
- This BVA will be your valid visa while waiting for the decision of the temporary graduate visa 485 Australia. Usually, this BVE will allow you to work in Australia.
Obtaining 485 Visa in Simple Four Steps
Step One : Check your eligibility for the visa
Make sure you check your eligibility to see if you meet all the criteria and requirements for this visa. The requirements are depend on each visa stream.
Step Two : Skill Assessment – for Graduate Work Stream
You need to check with the assessing authority for your nominated occupation.
Then, apply for a skill assessment as one of the requirement for graduate visa.
Step Three : Visa Application
After you make sure that you have fulfilled the requirements, you can then gather all the required and additional documents to complete and support your application.
You can apply online through your IMMI account.
Step Four : Visa Outcome
If successful, you can stay temporarily in Australia, depends on which stream you’ve applied for. If got refused, the DHA will inform you in writing
Share This Information, Choose Your Platform!
Ready to start your Australian student visa application?
DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.
“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”
Maria Helen De Guzman
Bridging Visa E