485 Visa English Requirements
Please see below for more information regarding each of the English test:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Test
To do this, you must show evidence that in the last 3 years, you obtained:
|English Test||Minimum for Overall Score||Total Overall Score||English Components|
|Cambridge Advanced Test||169||154||154||154||154|
Frequently Asked Questions For Subclass 485 Visa
ONE derland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your questions!
- What is the difference of Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream?
- The difference is on the qualification requirement.
- The Graduate Work Stream is eligible for applicants who just finished their diploma or advanced diploma.
- While Post Study stream is for applicants who have finished their bachelor, master, or PhD degree.
- Is it mandatory to have a skill assessment when apply for the Graduate Work stream?
- Yes, it is. You need to have a positive outcome of skill assessment in order to be granted this visa application.
- If I am not meeting the criteria for IELTS requirement, what should I do?
- There are few options to be able to show your English capability. Apart from IELTS, you can try TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, OET, or Cambridge C1 Advanced Test.
- I am holding an OSHC for my student visa. Can I use it for graduate visa application?
- Unfortunately, you can’t. You would need to obtain OVHC as a requirement for this visa application.
- What if my visa got refused? Can I appeal?
- You would need to have a look at the refusal letter given by the Department. If it stated the decision can be reviewed, therefore you can lodge an appeal within a specific timeframe.
- How long does it take for processing the visa application for Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Stream?
- Graduate Work Stream processing time is between 5 – 6 months while the Post-Study Work stream is between 57 days – 6 months.
- How much the visa fee for Graduate visa?
- The visa fee is AUD 1,650 for the main applicant. The additional applicant over 18 years old will be charged AUD 825 and the additional applicant under 18 will be charged AUD 415.
- Should I apply the visa onshore or offshore?
- You can be inside Australia when applying for this visa. Due to COVID 19, the Department will allow the graduates to apply offshore and may grant this visa while the applicant is offshore.
- Can I include my family members?
- Yes, you can include family members in your application when you apply. Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements.
- Is there any time limit to apply graduate visa?
- Yes it is, you must apply within 6 months of completion of your Australian studies.
- You must either hold a student visa when you apply, or to have held a student visa within the last 6 months.
- You must also make sure that you apply prior to expiry of your student visa.
- Will I get the bridging visa after I apply the visa onshore?
- If you apply the onshore graduate visa, before your student visa cease, you will be granted the Bridging Visa A.
- This BVA will be your valid visa while waiting the decision of the graduate visa. Usually, this BVE will allow you to work in Australia.
Obtaining 485 Visa in Simple Four Steps
First step: Check your eligibility for the visa
Make sure you check your eligibility to see if you meet all the criteria and requirements for this visa. The requirements are depend on each visa stream.
Second step: Skill Assessment – for Graduate Work Stream
You need to check with the assessing authority for your nominated occupation.
Then, apply for a skill assessment as one of the requirement for graduate visa.
Third step: Visa Application
After you make sure that you have fulfilled the requirements, you can then gather all the required and additional documents to complete and support your application.
You can apply online through your IMMI account.
Fourth step: Visa Outcome
If successful, you can stay temporarily in Australia, depends on which stream you’ve applied for. If got refused, the DHA will inform you in writing.