Visa 491 Family Sponsored Stream – All You Need To Know
The 491 family sponsored visa might sound familiar to you. 491 Visa is a skilled visa which requires you to be either nominated by the Australian government or sponsored by your eligible family members.
As long as we know, visa 491 has been a favorite to most people around the world who want to work and migrate to Australia. Additionally, you can apply for permanent residence after you hold this visa (491 Visa) with this stream at least for 3 years and be the holder before November 16, 2022.
Is being sponsored by an eligible family member all you need for this visa? Well, there are various other requirements you must meet and ONE derland Consulting has summarised them below.
What are the requirements to get 491 Visa Family Sponsored Stream?
The requirements for 491 family sponsored visa is the same with the other 491 visa stream, that you must:
- Be invited to apply for 491 visa (in this case, you must lodge EOI first)
- Be sponsored by an eligible relative or family member
- Score at least 65 points
- Be under 45 years old
- Have a suitable skills assessment (with positive outcome)
- Have at least Competent English level (for main applicant) and Functional English level (for additional applicant above 18 years old)
- Meet the health and character requirement
The only difference that you might have noticed is that you must have an eligible family member in Australia to be your sponsor. So, who is considered an eligible family member?
Eligible Family Member Requirement for Family Sponsored 491 Visa
Family sponsored stream also means that the applicant must be sponsored by their eligible relative, there are requirements that should be obtained as a sponsor:
- an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen,
- be 18 years age or older,
- live in designated regional area of Australia,
- related to the applicant as the biological family (parent, a child or a brother and a sister); or
- be the guardian of the main applicant(the aunt, uncle, grandparent, nephew, niece, or first cousin); or
- be related to the main applicant as if you are part of their lawfully legal family as an adoptive brother, step brother or
- step-sister and step-child.
- provide proof of your personal household documents. These may include:
- a Rate Notice or Rental Agreement,
- Utility Bills,
- an Address on the Electoral Roll, and
- Tax Returns.
This might be your good advantage!
Because the 491 family sponsored visa surely gives a broader pathway to migrate to Australia, especially when you have a family member in Australia.
You are no longer stuck with the Australian government or employer nomination, because you can get your family member to sponsor you!
You also have a pathway to permanent residency with 191 visa!
Find more information about your permanent residency pathway here: Subclass 191 – Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa
What about the process?
The first step is you must lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) for 491 Visa. You can tick “family sponsored” as your preferred stream. After that, the system will ask where your family member resides.
The EOI will not assess your family member’s eligibility for the sponsorship. However, once you have received an invitation to lodge the family sponsored 491 visa, you must be able to provide evidence that your family member meets the eligibility to sponsor you.
What does it mean for you?
This could be your opportunities to be able maintain your household. Migration continuously is the best pathway for you to start a new beginning in a new country; that might be far away from your hometown.
However, with this Family Sponsored Stream; this is the opportunity for you to be able to settle and work in the country with your family members.
If you have this kind of questions:
- May I be the sponsor of a dependent applicant who is my lawfully legal family?
- Does this stream might be applied with different costs?
Make sure that you’ve got the right pathway. You may contact the professional agent that is already mastered in their fields and continuously maintain the household in your migration process.
Are you looking for professional assistance for your Family Sponsored 491 Visa applications?
Our visa specialists at ONEderland Consulting will assist and give you complete suggestions about the 491 family sponsored visa requirements. We have a 98% success rate and are one of Australia’s most highly recommended migration agents. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
We are complex visa specialists. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first step and get in touch with us. Our team members are professional and honest and speak various languages, such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, and Thai. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online, and it is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee Program.