Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa Basic Eligibility
- You must be in Australia when you apply for Skilled Regional visa, and hold the following eligible visas: subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487, or Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa.
- You must have lived for at least 2 years and worked full time for at least 1 year in a specified regional area, either in a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area or in a designated area of Australia.
- Have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held.
Benefits of Skilled Regional Visa, either for you or your family member included in the application:
- Stay in Australia permanently including work and study anywhere in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years, after 5 years you will need to apply a Resident Return Visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
- Apply for Australian citizenship when you are eligible.
887 Visa Cost and Processing Time:
887 visa costs AUD 415 for the main applicant, and that excludes the visa charge for family members if you include them to your subclass 887 visa application.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Skilled Regional Subclass 887 Visa
ONEderland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your Skilled Regional Subclass 887 visa questions!
- What are the requirements to apply for 887 visa?
- You must be in Australia and hold an eligible visa prior to applying for the visa. You must have lived for at least 2 years as the holder of the eligible visa in an eligible area in Australia. An eligible visa is a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa, or Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B, after having made a valid application for a subclass 489, 495 or 487 visa. You have to meet the work requirement and English language ability requirements.
- What are the work requirements for applying for 887 visa?
- When you apply for this visa you must have worked full-time for at least 12 months as the holder of one or more eligible skilled visas in a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area, if a state or territory government nominated you for your eligible visa, or a designated area of Australia if a family member had sponsored you for your eligible visa. Full-time work means 35 hours per week. You can combine work in concurrent part-time employment to satisfy this requirement. You can work in your nominated occupation or any other occupation.
- What is the English language ability requirements for 887 Visa?
- At the time the Immigration finalises your application, you must have functional English (IELTS average band score of at least 4.5 based on the 4 test components).
- Can I bring my family with Skilled Regional visa?
- Yes, you can include your family with this visa and obtain permanent residency as well. In addition, as a Permanent Resident, you might be able to sponsor an eligible family member to come to Australia.
- Where can I apply for 887 visa Australia?
- For applications lodged before 19 September 2020, applicants have to be onshore for the grant of the visa. For applications lodged on or after 19 September 2020, you can be onshore or offshore when the decision for your application is made.
- How long can I stay in Australia with 887 visa?
- This visa is a permanent visa. You can stay in Australia indefinitely and travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date you were granted the visa.
- How much does subclass 887 visa cost?
- This visa costs AUD $415 for the primary applicant. Additional charge or second installment of AUD $4,890 applies if any of the family member aged 18 years or older included in the application does not meet the English requirement (Functional English).
Skilled Regional Visa 887 Three Steps Process
Check your eligibility and 887 visa requirements
Before applying for Skilled Regional visa 887, check your eligibility first. Make sure you meet all the requirements and are eligible to apply for the subclass 887 visa.
Applying for the visa
After meeting all the requirements for subclass 887 visa and making sure you are eligible to apply for the visa, you can apply online and lodge your application through the IMMI Account. Make sure you provide all the right documents for the Skilled Regional Subclass 887 visa application.
Granted a visa
If you have met all the requirements for the 887 visa and your application results in a successful application, you will be granted the visa. The estimated processing times for visa 887 are usually between 16 – 21 months.