🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

The 7 Important Facts of Partner Visa Australia Application


Important Facts of Partner Visa Australia

Are you currently in a relationship with an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen, have you considered applying for a Partner visa?  Did you know that a Partner visa will result in Permanent Residence after a period of 2 years?

Over the last few years there have been a number of changes to the requirements of the Partner visa, these changes are will be beneficial to all applicants.

There are now more options available for onshore Partner visa applicants if you have applied for previous visa applications and they have been refused and in particular you now can register your relationship.

If you are considering applying for a Partner visa the details below will answer some of your questions and advise you of more opportunities available.

What Is the Requirement For Australia Partner Visa?

If you are currently in a relationship with an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen you may be able to apply for a Partner visa.

Listed below are some of the types of relationships that are a requirement for Australia Partner visa:

  1. Is Your Marriage Legal:

If you have been married in Australia or overseas for a marriage to be recognized legally you would generally have to be both over the ages of 18 years and not be of the same sex.

  1. I am in a De facto Relationship:

To satisfy the requirements of a De Facto relationship you must demonstrate that they have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months before the visa application is made.

You must show that you are not married to each other, that you are both committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others, that your relationship is genuine and continuing, that you live together on a permanent basis and that you are not related by family.

  1. How do I register my Relationship?

Depending on which State or Territory in Australia you are living, will depend if it is possible to have your relationship registered.

You can apply for a registration of relationship even if you have not lived together for 12 months, even though the requirements need you to show that you are currently living together, there is no minimum time frame you will need to prove.

7 Important Facts of Partner Visa Australia Application

  1. 2 years Temporary Partner Visa

A Temporary Partner visa is a temporary visa which is the first stage of the two stage Partner visa, you can combine the both applications the Temporary and the Permanent Partner visas.

The Temporary Partner visa is generally granted first, then after 2 years if the relationship is still continuing and ongoing a Permanent Partner visa will be granted.

You will be able to work, study, and travel in Australia and eligible for Medicare.

After two years of having your Temporary Partner visa granted, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection will make contact with you and your partner,.

You would need to supply current updated police checks, evidence of you both living together, your financials, your social life and both you and your partner would need to make a statement letter on your relationship.

  1. How long will it take to get my Partner visa granted?

Currently the time for Partner visas to be granted is 13 months, depending on the circumstances, security clearances etc, it may be granted sooner or later than 13 months.

  1. Permanent Residency

In some circumstance you may be granted Permanent Partner visa straight away without the need to have a Temporary Partner visa for 2 years.

The requirements you require would be to have been in a relationship for at least 3 years or have a dependent child and have been in a relationship for at least 2 years.

You will need to submit as many as evidence to show that your relationship is genuine and long standing.

The Immigration case officer will let you know if they need a further evidence or if they do not satisfy with the relationship documents you have provided at the time of the application.

  1. Prospective Marriage Visa

If you are engaged with your Australian partner, you may lodge a Prospective Marriage Visa from your country of residence.

Once the visa is being granted, you can come to Australia and stay for 9 months.

Within the 9 months period, you will need to get marry and lodge a partner visa on a basis of marriage.

The prospective marriage visa must be lodged offshore, and there is no a bridging visa given to the applicant when you lodge this visa outside Australia.

You will need to be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting