Australian Partner Visa For LGBT Couple
Following the legislation of same-sex marriages on the 9th of December 2017 in Australia, comes good news to hear about Australian Partner Visa for you who are in a same-sex (LGBT) relationship. These changes state that couple who are in the same sex marriage can now apply for a Partner Visa, as a “spouse” rather than as a “De Facto”. It will also apply to all other visas where you can include a spouse in your application.
Many people from the LGBT community are giving their positive response to the changes in the Australian Partner Visa for LGBT. If you are in a same-sex relationship and genuinely plan to get married in Australia, you are also now able to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
These changes mean that the same-sex couple is now able to have the same rights as any other couple when it comes to applying for an Australian Visa. There is no difference in eligibility criteria, no difference in the documents to be provided or in the application processes.
To be eligible for an Australian Partner Visa for LGBT you must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Hold a valid Passport
- Married to or in a de facto relationship with an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen.
- Meet the 12-month relationship requirement for the de-facto
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Be able to provide evidence of your genuine and continuing relationship.
Read more: Partner Visa Eligibility and Requirements
What Should I Do Next?
You could submit your Australian partner visa application by yourself. But doing so would jeopardize your chances of getting together in Australia.
Because the Australian Partner Visa application is very complex and intricate. Small mistakes in the application you’ve submitted could lead to a Partner Visa Refusal. You certainly don’t want to go through such a heartbroken process. Australian immigration itself suggesting for LGBT couple who wants to obtain Australian Partner Visa for LGBT to seek advice from the registered migration agent.
Don’t Risk Your Visa For A Refusal! Let Us Help You.
We understand that applying for a visa to Australia is certainly very complex due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our visa specialists at ONE derland Consulting will help you assess your visa options. We have a 98% success rate and one of the most recommended migration agents in Australia. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
The consultation will help us to understand you and your relationship better and able to tailor a very solid migration plan to minimize the possible risk of refusal. Other than that, choosing us as your trusted migration agent for your Australian partner visa for LGBT application would gain you benefit such as:
- Once you have hired us, we will send you a detailed, personally tailored document checklist to ensure you gather all the required evidence
- Provide templates for letters and information requests
- Create a very strong submission and application for you
- Handle all the correspondence with Immigration
- Submit the application
- Explain clearly any obligations to you once you have been granted the visa
- Remind you of all relevant deadlines with plenty of notice
We specialise in complex visa cases. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first leap and get in touch with us. Our migration agents are professional, honest and our team members are able to speak various languages such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, Polish, German and Russian. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone on 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online and it is 100% refundable if you become our client.