Google Rating
Based on 142 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 146 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

Australian Partner Visa Sponsorship Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Australian Partner Visa Sponsorship Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions About Australian Partner Visa Sponsorship

Are you planning to apply for a partner visa application? Do you have some questions in mind? Your questions might be in one of below list. As a registered migration agent, there are many frequently asked questions that we’ve got, when it comes to Australian Partner Visa sponsorship. This is the reason why we have written these Australian Partner Visa sponsorship FAQ for you.

Australian Partner Visa Sponsorship Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. Am I Eligible To Be A Sponsor?

To be an eligible sponsor you must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
You must also be 18 years of age or older.

2. Can I Sponsor Someone If I Have Already Sponsored Someone In The Past?

If you have previously sponsored an applicant under a partner or prospective marriage visa, you can only sponsor again if a time frame of 5 years has passed since the first sponsorship application was lodged.

A sponsor can only sponsor 2 applicants in total.

This means if you are wanting to sponsor a third partner, you cannot. However, in some circumstances, the 5 year period may be waived, usually only if the previous partner has passed away, or the applicant has left the relationship, leaving young children behind.

The 2 applicants in the total rule may be waived, where there is long term relationship and compelling reasons.

3. What Happens If My Partner And I Break Up?

Where an applicant and sponsor’s relationship has broken down, you need to notify the Department that you are no longer in a relationship with your partner. As an applicant, usually, you will have 28 days to comment and provide additional information as to why your visa should be granted.

The reasons may be that your partner has died or you suffered family violence or you and your partner have shared custody of a child etc. If you are the sponsor and would like to no longer want to sponsor your partner, you need to write the letter to the Department stating that you don’t want to sponsor your partner and would like to withdraw the application.

4. I am Still Married To My Ex-Partner, But We Have Been Separated For A Long Time, Can I Sponsor My New Partner?

A sponsor and applicant must not be married to another person when applying for a Prospective Marriage or Partner visa.

In the case where the sponsor or applicant are still going through divorce proceedings at the time of application, court documents that state the divorce proceeding is ongoing must be provided.

Should you apply for the visa and fail to provide these documents, the application will be considered by the department as invalid and the visa will not be granted.

5. I’m Holding A Temporary Visa, Am I Eligible To Sponsor My Partner?

Only Permanent residents, Australian Citizens and Eligible New Zealand citizens are able to sponsor someone on the partner visa.

6. I Have A Criminal Record, Can I Still Sponsor My Partner?

You may still sponsor your partner even you have a criminal record. However, it depends on the severity of the offence committed and the length of jail time. You will need to provide police clearance as well in regards to this criminal record.

7. My Partner Has A Child From A Previous Marriage, Can I Sponsor Them Both Or Only My Partner?

You can sponsor both your partner and your partner’s child as long as that child is a dependent of the applicant.

A dependent child must be your partner’s child or a stepchild from a current or a previous relationship. He/she is under 18 years of age and wholly or substantially reliant on the applicant for their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.

8. I Don’t Live In Australia, But I Am An Australian Citizen, Can I Sponsor My Partner?

You must be living or have the intention to live in Australia with your partner when applying for a Partner visa.

You cannot sponsor your partner if you will not be with them in Australia.

You must have a permanent address in Australia and you must be able to show that you and your partner will be living together.

9. We Have Children Together, They Are Australian Citizens, Do I Need To Sponsor Them Also?

If your children are Australian citizens they do not need to be sponsored and should travel to Australia on an Australian passport. However, you should declare all of your children on your application as your family unit.

10. Can I Sponsor My Partner If They Are The Same Sex?

Yes, a same-sex couple is now able to have the same rights as any other couples when it comes to Australian Visa applications, following the legislation of same-sex marriages on the 9th of December 2017 in Australia.

Still Have Any Questions? ONE derland Consulting Can Help!

We understand that applying for a visa to Australia is certainly very complex due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our visa specialists at ONE derland Consulting will help you assess your visa options. We have a 98% success rate and one of the most recommended migration agents in Australia. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.

We specialise in complex visa cases. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Take the first leap and get in touch with us. Our migration agents are professional, honest and our team members are able to speak various languages such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, Polish, German and Russian. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone on 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online and it is 100% refundable if you become our client.

Published On: November 21st, 2018 / Categories: General Info, Partner Visa_en /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    First Name

    Last Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related Posts

    BREAKING NEWS! Important Updates for Immigration following 2020-2021 Budget Allocation!

    October 7th, 2020

    Australian Visa Regulation Changes July 2020

    June 22nd, 2020

    February 22nd, 2019