Google Rating
Based on 136 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 125 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

Document Checklist For Australian Spouse Visa

Document Checklist For Australian Spouse Visa

Document Checklist for Australian Spouse Visa

We would like to provide an explanation about the document checklist for the Australian spouse visa based on the requirements.

Fiancé Relationships

This relationship is defined in which you are engaged to be married or betrothed.

When using the term fiancé in which it relates to partner migration, it is for a man and a woman who is planning to marry.

Partner Visa Checklist for Australian Spouse Visa

You will need to provide documentation to support your visa application. It will be in your best interest to provide as much information as possible to immigration with your application.

Please be sure to provide certified copies of your original documents. If immigration requires the original documents they will ask you for them, so leave them out until needed.

Be sure to provide accredited English translations for documents not in English. If you apply online, you may send in your scanned certified copies, which will be attached to your application through your ImmiAccount.


2 - Document Checklist for Australian Spouse Visa

Forms you must submit.

  • You must submit a Form 47SP called an Application for migration to Australia by a partner.
  • You must submit a Form 40SP called a Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia.
  • You can apply online through ImmiAccount, by post, or in person.
  • Are you receiving assistance and lodging a paper-based application? Then you must fill out these forms below:
  • Form 956 which is called advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance
  • If you wish to have someone else receive correspondence from immigration on your behalf, you would need to fill out the Form 956A called appointment or withdrawal of an authorized recipient

Charges for your visa:

  • Be sure to pay the visa application charge, this can change from year to year. You can check these charges on the immigration website.
  • If your sponsor paid the application charge for you then you will need to provide the original receipt to show they have paid. If your sponsor has paid the visa application charge then you must lodge your application by post or in person.

Identity proof listed as below:

  • Please provide certified copies of the biographical pages for the passports or travel documents for everyone included in your application. (These pages will include the holder’s photo, personal details, date of issue, and the date of expiry.)
  • Two current passport-sized photographs (45mm x 35mm) for each person included in the application. Please be sure these pictures are just of the head and shoulders, as well as, on a plain background. Write the person’s name on the back of the photographs.
  • Please have a certified copy of your birth certificate, showing both parent’s names. If you are unable to provide a birth certificate nor can you get one, you would need to provide one of the following:

Other requirements:

  • Family book showing both parents names
  • Identification document issued by the government
  • Court issued documents given by the government that verify who you are
  • If you have a national identity card, please provide it.
  • Please provide a certified copy of the name change, if anyone in the application has had a name change.
  • If you cannot provide any of these documents, you must provide some proof that you are who you have claimed to be.

Sponsor Identity Requirements:

Provide evidence that the sponsor is an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. This can include a certified copy of the below:

  • Birth certificate
  • An Australian passport or foreign passport containing evidence of permanent residence
  • An Australian citizenship certificate
  • For New Zealand citizens, evidence of how long you have resided in Australia and of your continuing links to Australia.

If your sponsor is not an Australian citizen

You will need evidence they live in Australia, usually. Such as:

  • Please show evidence of ownership or rent of a house in which your sponsor resides
  • Proof of Utility accounts ( gas, telephone, electricity)
  • Provide other bills for living expenses (food, water, toiletries, etc.)

If you or a dependent child is younger than 18 years of age

Please provide the following for the sponsor:

  • Would need to have an Australian Federal Police National Police Check done for your sponsor if the sponsor has spent accumulative total of 12 months or more in Australia since they turned 16 years of age.
  • A certificate from the police from every country the sponsor spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years after turning the age of 16.

Health & Characters Documentation:

  • If you are required to take a health examination, you will need to arrange your exam before the lodging of your visa application. Please include your health identifier (HAP ID) when you complete your application form.
  • By using My Health Declarations, you should be able to confirm whether or not you need to undergo a health examination and indicate this when lodging your visa application form, stating I have organized my health examination as I am considered to have met this requirement.
  • You need to provide evidence that everyone in your application has adequate health insurance in Australia. Please provide immigration with one of the following:
  • A letter signed by a health insurance provider
  • A receipt from enrolment or card from Medicare
  • Some form of evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance)
  • If you are eligible for Medicare when you arrive in Australia, and you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement, please provide evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance) to be covered until you can enroll in Medicare.
  • Proof that you hold a passport from the Republic of Ireland
  • Please show that everyone included in your visa application has applied for an Australian Federal Police National Police Check, providing they are at least 16 years old and have spent at least 12 months or more in Australia since they were 16 years of age.
  • You will be able to find the form for your police check on the Australian Federal Police website, in the online form or paper form. Visa applicants should check off Code 33 in section 8 of the form. You will not have to provide fingerprints with the police check. If you are successful in your police check application you will receive a ‘National Police Check’ certificate, which will have the heading ‘Complete Discloser.’
  • Please include overseas police certificates for anyone in your application, if they have spent 12 months or more since turning 16 years old, in the last 10 years for each country they were in. These need to be the original certificates, but keep a copy for you as well. If anyone in the application has served in the armed forces, please provide a certified copy of their military service record or discharge papers.

3 - Document Checklist for Australian Spouse Visa

Your Relationship Information:

  • Certified copies of your marriage certificate (de jure) or registered relationship information for you or anyone else listed in your visa application, even if they will not be joining you in Australia. Please note: If you are applying on the basis of marriage and have the marriage certificate, this is not enough, you must still provide genuine evidence of the relationship to be granted the visa.
  • If anyone in the application, including yourself, has been widowed, divorced, or permanently separated you will need to provide a certified copy of the death certificate, divorce documentation, or statutory declaration separation documents.

Showing your relationship is genuine and continuing

You must include documentation that proves your relationship is genuine and continuing. Statements you provide can include, written statements or statutory declarations.

These statements must be signed and dated by their authors. A statutory declaration must be signed by two witnesses. Remember, you can attach all supporting documents to your ImmiAccount.

You should provide the following:

Form 888, which is a statutory declaration by a supporting witness that relates to a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa applicant (have been completed by two Australian citizens or permanent residents who have personally seen and have knowledge of your partner relationship).

Details from the history of your relationship

In your statements about you and your partner/spouse you should mention the following:

  • How you and your partner met, when it happened and where
  • Details of how your relationship developed over time
  • Exactly when you decided to start a de facto relationship or get married
  • Your arrangements domestically (such as how you support each other financially, physically, and emotionally and when this level of commitment started).
  • Any periods of separation (when and why this occurred, for how you maintained the relationship while you were apart)
  • You and your partner’s plans for the future

NOTE: if the applicant is applying off-shore, you must show regular communication between the two in the relationship, joint travel as well indicating how much time they have spent with each other. Please include as evidence, photos from this time period, and statements from family and friends.

Relationship Financial Evidences:

You would also need to provide immigration with documents to show that you and your partner share financial commitments and responsibilities, these can include:

  1. Proof of any joint ownership of real estate or any other major assets (for example, cars, home, appliances, etc.) and/or any joint liabilities (such as loans or insurance).
  2. Show that you and your partner share the finances
  3. If you and your partner have any legal commitments you have undertaken together.
  4. Show that during a reasonable amount of time you and your partner have operated joint bank accounts.
  5. Proof that the household bills and expenses are shared
  6. Some other examples could be, mortgages were taken together or naming each other as beneficiaries under your respective wills or insurance policies.
  7. Explain the nature of the household

Documented shared responsibilities should be shown in your household, such as:

Shared Responsibilities.

  • Living arrangements together
  • A statement mentioning how your housework is distributed
  • A joint rental lease or joint ownership documents of the house in which you reside
  • Utility accounts being shown in both names (for example, electricity, gas, or telephone)
  • Both you and your partner are responsible for the day-to-day living expenses
  • Both share in caring for any children
  • Correspondence addressed to both you and your partner at the same address

Social aspects of the relationship

You will need some evidence showing how your relationship has been seen by your friends and family, this will be considered in the application as well. Some examples include:

  1. Documents showing that you and your partner are usually accepted as a couple socially (examples include, joint invitations, evidence of going out together, common friends and acquaintances, photos showing you and your partner out together with family).
  2. You could use statutory declarations from your partner’s parents, family members, relatives, and other friends relating to the assessment of their take of the nature of your relationship.
    Documentation of traveling together
  3. Proof that you and your partner have declared your relationship to some governmental bodies, public or commercial institutions or authorities, joint membership in organizations or groups
  4. Evidence of participating in sporting, cultural or social activities together

How to show the nature of your commitment to each other

The evidence or documentation below can help you show your commitment to one another:

  • Documents, statements, or by word of mouth which you can establish in the interview, that you know your partner’s personal circumstances (for example, their background or family situation).
  • You could show your intent for your relationship to be something you and your partner see as continuing long-term (such as, how much you have combined your affairs)

What you and your partner’s will states

Evidence of correspondence and an itemized phone record that shows contact was maintained thru any periods of separation (such as, emails, Facebook or chat messages, phone calls or text messages)

Any of your children or dependents on the application with you

You will need a certified copy of all your dependent children’s birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents.

  1. Proof of financial dependency for all family members, children, and dependents over the age of 18 years or above (such as evidence of their current studies) For the dependents 18 years and over you will need:
  2. Evidence of their relationship to you, along with a certified copy of their birth certificate.
  3. Proof that they live with you in your household.
  4. Be able to show that they have been financially dependent on you for the last 12 months or more, immediately before the lodgment of your application.
  5. Would need to provide certified copies of any adoption papers, if any of the children under your care have been adopted.
  6. If the other child’s parent is not listed and you wish to bring them to Australia with you, please provide documentary evidence that you have the legal right to bring that child (under the age of 18 years) to Australia. These documents would be included in fulfilling this evidence:
  7. Official legal documents that are certified copies, such as a court-issued parental responsibility (custody), assessor guardianship order
  8. Statutory Declaration from the other parent giving their full permission
  9. Form 1229 called a consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years. If you use this form you will need to attach a certified copy of the other parent’s identification (government-issued) document such as a passport or driver’s license, with their photograph and signature.

Is There Anything I Can Do To Simplify This Process

Just as you can see from the requirements above, is that an Australian spouse visa requires such a detailed document which means it cost you so much effort and time.

Using only a document checklist for an Australian spouse visa doesn’t mean you won’t experience things like missing documents, unconvincing statements, or other document related problem.

This is why it’s very recommended for Australian spouse visa applicants to seeking help from an Australian migration agency.

Australian migration agency already has a system in place which streamlined the visa document preparation.

In this way, it saves a lot of effort and time spent doing document preparation.

As a migration agency, ONE derland Consulting knows how stressful is the document preparation process.

Spending lots of hours and effort yet still run into trouble because of one simple mistake.

Considering this, we create an internal system that streamlined our document preparation process and has a more extensive and detailed checklist to help you minimize the risk of Australian spouse visa refusal.

Lead by a registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari – we have more than 10 years of extensive experience in successfully handling complex spouse visa applications from our clients all over the world.

Book an appointment with Indah now. From this in-depth discussion, you would gain valuable information and understanding of Australian spouse migration law.

This information and understanding then crafted into a strong and actionable migration plan that suits your circumstances.

All those while we minimize the effort for document preparation and the risk of spouse visa refusal.

Published On: September 5th, 2020 / Categories: Partner Visa_en /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    Your Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related Posts

    BREAKING NEWS! Important Updates for Immigration following 2020-2021 Budget Allocation!

    October 7th, 2020

    Australian Visa Regulation Changes July 2020

    June 22nd, 2020

    February 22nd, 2019