Google Rating
Based on 141 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 171 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

Different Type of Australian Bridging Visa

Different Type of Australian Bridging Visa

Knowing Different Types of Australian Bridging Visa

There are currently 5 types of Australian Bridging visa available through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

These are Bridging visa A, Bridging visa B, Bridging visa C, Bridging visa D and Bridging visa E.

Bridging visas are Temporary visas which allow people to legally stay in Australia whilst they are waiting for a decision on their substantive visa, appealing a decision relation to their current visa or making arrangements to leave Australia, they can be used for a variety of reasons.

The requirements for making an application for a Bridging visa will vary according to the circumstances.

Not all Bridging visas are the same, some Australian Bridging visas can be granted with work conditions imposed or no work conditions, work rights due to financial hardship and travel restrictions.

Some Bridging visas are granted due to a person whos visa has expired and they have become unlawful in Australia.

There are certain conditions placed on each Bridging visa for example, if you travel overseas on a Bridging visa A, C, D or E the visa will be automatically void unless you are on a Bridging visa B which allows you to travel overseas for the purpose of a genuine reason such as a family wedding, event or funeral but there is also time limits imposed too.

Australian Bridging visa A

Is a Temporary visa which will provide you with lawful status to stay in Australia whilst you are on a current substantive visa and you have lodged another visa application and are waiting for it to be processed.

You will not have any travel or work rights on a Bridging visa A unless you are on a nominated or sponsored visa on the grounds of your skills or applying for an on-shore Partner visa.

Australian Bridging visa B

Is a Temporary visa which allows you to travel outside of Australia whilst you are waiting for your current visa application to be processed.  This visa is normally granted for 3 months so you would have to be back in Australia from your travels before the 3 month period is up.

You would generally apply for a Bridging visa B a few weeks before travelling.

You can also hold a Bridging visa A at the same time as a Bridging visa B.

Australian Bridging visa C

Is a Temporary visa and it allows you to stay in Australia whilst you substantive visa is being processed it does not allow you to travel out of Australia whilst waiting for your visa to be processed.

You cannot work on an initial Bridging visa C unless the visa you have applied for is a skillselect Australian visa such as a subclass 186, subclass 187, subclass 189, subclass 190 or a subclass 489.

Australian Bridging visa D

Is a Temporary visa and has two subclasses.

The Prospective Applicant class which means you are unlawful or illegally staying in Australia and have wanted to submit a visa to Immigration and Border Protection but have not been able to for reasons beyond your control.

Obtaining a Bridging visa D will give you 5 working days to lodge a visa onshore in Australia.

Non Applicant class is for unlawful non-citizens unable to make or not intending on getting a substantive visa and an authorized officer is not available to interview you for eligibility for a Bridging visa D.

The Bridging visa D does not allow you to leave Australia once it has been granted and it does not allow you to work.

Australian Bridging visa E

Is a Temporary visa that is granted if your substantive visa has expired, it allows you to stay in Australia lawfully whilst you make a decision to either leave Australia, wait for a decision from Department of Immigration and Border Protection or finalise your immigration matters.

You cannot leave Australia once the Bridging visa E is granted, you may be able to work on this visa but the Department of Immigration and Border Protection will advise you of this.

If you stay in Australia without a current visa, you are classed as an unlawful non-citizen and you risk being detained and removed from Australia, you risk the chance of not being granted another visa for 3 years after you leave Australia and if removed from Australia you may have a debt to the Australian Government.

To find further information on Bridging visas in Australia, please contact our Perth office  on: (+61) 08 94775831 or email: [email protected].


Published On: December 15th, 2014 / Categories: Blog, General Info /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    Your Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related News

    BREAKING NEWS! Important Updates for Immigration following 2020-2021 Budget Allocation!

    October 7th, 2020

    Student Visa Regulation changes during COVID-19 Onshore and Offshore Application

    September 25th, 2020

    Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408) Pandemic Event Onshore Application

    September 25th, 2020