Allocation Update For Northern Territory Skilled Migration Program
The Northern Territory Government announced its updated General Skilled Migration Program on the 1st of December 2020. The Northern Territory Government declared that the Australian Government has not put 2020/21 allocated nomination quotas for Australian states and territories. Due to the condition, the Northern Territory has not received updated allocations for General Skilled Migration.
The Northern Territory has accepted very small quotas to nominate General Skilled Workers. However, the previous quotas were not enough. Therefore, the Northern Territory does not have any nomination quotas left.
As a General Skilled Migration applicant, you must be wondering about the updated nomination for Northern Territory General Skilled Migration program and the certainty to get a nomination from Northern Territory.
Australian General Skilled Migration Program
General Skilled Migration is a program that allows skilled people to migrate and work in Australia. This program has three different visa pathways, namely, visa 189, 190, and 491. This visa program is based on points tested. Hence, you have to meet the minimum point requirement to get the visa.
If you apply for visa 190 or 491, the minimum point requirement will lead you to a nomination from Australian state or territory. If you apply for visa 491, you might apply for this visa independently or through sponsorship from an eligible relative.
[fusion_button link=”https://onederland.com.au/book-your-appointment/” text_transform=”uppercase” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment_medium=”” alignment_small=”” alignment=”center” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” sticky_display=”normal,sticky” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” border_radius=”” border_color=”” border_hover_color=”” size=”large” stretch=”no” margin_top=”” margin_right=”” margin_bottom=”” margin_left=”” icon=”fa-calendar fas” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]BOOK CONSULTATION[/fusion_button]
Northern Territory General Skilled Migration Program Requirements Latest Update
To apply for Northern Territory General Skilled Migration Program, you have to meet these requirements:
1. Minimum Requirements for Visa 190 and Visa 491
- You must be under 45 years old when you are nominated;
- Have a skill assessment for the nominated position/job;
- Have at least competent English ability (score 6.0 in each band level of IELTS);
- Meet the point test of at least 65.
2. Eligibility for NT nomination if you already live in Australia
- You or your dependent migrating family member are not currently living interstate;
- You or your dependent migrating family member are not currently holding a student visa and are not currently studying in an NT Institution;
- If you have been nominated for a subclass 489 or 491 visa by the NT, you will not be eligible for a subclass 190 visa nomination.
3. Requirements if you apply from outside Australia
- Have been employed in your nominated application for 12 months (out of the last 24 months prior to your application) or you have relevant Australian qualifications;
- You have to provide evidence of having received an offer of employment in Northern Territory if the NT migration Occupation requires it.
4. Fulfil the commitment to the Northern Territory
- Live and work in Northern Territory in your skilled occupation for at least 3 years from your visa grant;
- Inform the Northern Territory Government regarding your visa application status when your visa is granted and arrive in Northern Territory and regularly provide your current contact details to the NT Government;
- Participate in surveys conducted by the Northern Territory Government.
5. Your skilled occupation must be in the Australian Government’s current list of eligible skilled occupations
6. Provide strong evidences of good employment prospects in your skilled occupation in the Northern Territory
7. Show your financial assets (in Australian dollars) to prove you have financial capacity.
Update For Northern Territory General Skilled Migration Program
Northern Territory Government announced the previous allocation has been depleted. Hence, the Government of the Northern Territory cannot issue any nominations for the General Skilled Migration applicants.
Due to the situation, the Northern Territory Government suspends the General Skilled Migration program until further notice. However, GSM nomination applications received before 1 December 2020 will continue to be assessed. If your application is successful, you will only be issued a nomination once the Australian Government has allocated quotas to the NT.
Read more: 2021 State Nomination for Visa 491 Update.
How Will The Situation Affect My GSM Application?
For now, it will be difficult to get an invitation from the Australian employers soon. It is due to Northern Territory has yet to receive nomination quotas. The condition applies for all applicants, including those who have met the Northern Territory nomination criteria.
Even though the situation seems difficult to get a nomination from the Northern Territory, you cannot give up on your dream. It is better to prepare yourself from now. Hence, when the Northern Territory gets its nomination quotas, you will be able to apply for it right away. There is nothing better than preparing yourself as early as possible.
The Northern Territory Government also suggests General Skilled Migration applicants to get advice from professional migration agents regarding your current visa situation. Therefore, you will be able to stay legally in Australia while waiting for your nomination.
Don’t Worry! ONE derland Consulting Is Here To Help You!
We understand that applying for a General Skilled Migration visa to Australia is certainly very complex due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our visa specialists at ONE derland Consulting will help you assess your visa options. We have a 98% success rate and one of the most recommended migration agents in Australia. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
We specialise in complex visa cases. As registered Australian migration agents with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first leap and get in touch with us. Our migration agents are professional, honest and our team members are able to speak various languages such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, Polish, German and Russian. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone on 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online and it is 100% refundable if you become our client.