Health Examination Request is exempted for Most Onshore Temporary Visa Applicants
On 20 October 2022, the Australian government announced an exemption arrangement for health examination for visa Australia. The arrangement will exempt some onshore Australian temporary visa applicants. The government also emphasized that they will review arrangements again in early 2023.
ONE derland Consulting has summarized all the information you need about this new arrangement.
Health Examination Exemption for Onshore Temporary Visa Applicants
The exemption is applicable for certain onshore Australian temporary visa applicants. The exemption will be considered through the applicant’s nationality, the previous residence, and proposed length of stay. It also applies to below visa subclasses only:
- 401 – Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity)
- 403 – Temporary Work International Relations
- 405 – Investor Retirement
- 407 – Training
- 408 – Temporary Activity
- 410 – Retirement
- 417 and 462 – Working Holiday
- 461 – New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship
- 476 – Skilled Recognised Graduate
- 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage
- 485 – Temporary Graduate
- 500 – Student
- 590 – Student Guardian
- 600 – Visitor
- 870 – Sponsored Parent (Temporary)
- 995 – Diplomatic (Temporary)
However, if you’re still under one of the following situations, you would still need to undergo a health examination for visa Australia:
- submitted an application for medical treatment, temporary protection, or a provisional visa.
- plan to work as (or pursue studies in) a doctor, dentist, nurse, or paramedic; anticipate having medical expenses or needing medical treatment;
- will visit a hospital, an elderly care institution, or a facility for people with disabilities (if there is a higher tuberculosis risk)
- are expecting a child and plan to deliver it in Australia
- will be an intern or receive training at an Australian daycare center.
- are older than 75 years old (if applying for a visitor visa)
- have a history of tuberculosis in the home; or
- receive a request from the Department to do so.
To ensure you are required to undergo the examination, you may check your Immi Account regularly.
If you have booked an appointment with BUPA for an examination, keep your appointment. The BUPA will contact you if the appointment is canceled or not.
Need more clarification about the Health Requirements? ONE derland Consulting is here to assist you
The health examination is one of the most critical assessments; thus, meeting the health requirement for an Australian visa is essential. If you are unsure about meeting the health requirements, don’t worry. ONE derland Consulting is ready to assist you.
Our visa specialists at ONEderland Consulting will assist you with a skilled migration visa in Australia. We have a 98% success rate and are one of Australia’s most highly recommended migration agents. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.
We are complex visa specialists. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
Take the first step and get in touch with us. Our team members are professional and honest and speak various languages, such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, and Thai. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online, and it is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee Program.