Google Rating
Based on 141 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 63 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

How Qualified Nurses Migrate To Australia

How Qualified Nurses Migrate To Australia

There is currently a high demand for nurses and midwives in Australia.  Nurses wanting to Immigrate to Australia can do so under various Australia visas. There are excellent career opportunities whether you want to immigrate to Australia, or just stay for a few years.

Nurses and midwives seeking to determine their eligibility to apply for registration as a nurse in Australian may apply for an assessment of their qualifications provided they have:

  • Completed a pre-registration course of training

  • Been registered as a nurse in the country where education was undertaken

  • Current registration, a practicing certificate or license in the country where they are currently practicing, or

  • A demonstrated proficiency in the English language (see below for the language competency requirements).

To qualify for a career in Nursing you MUST have completed a Bachelor’s Degree.

*Sample Bachelor Course at TAFE*


This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to assist in the provision of preventative, curative and rehabilitative nursing. You will also learn about anatomy and physiology, infection control, nursing care of the client, legal and ethical parameters of nursing practice and promote positive health. You will also develop an understanding of health issues of Indigenous Australians and contribute to the nutritional and mental health care of the client. You will complete supervised clinical placement in hospitals, nursing homes and healthcare agencies. Upon completion of this course you will have the skills required to become a qualified Enrolled Nurse. You need to register with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency (AHPRA) however you will be required to have an IELTS score of 7.0, with no band lower than 7.0 to register with this agency.


Students must complete a total number of 26 units which comprise of 21 core units plus 5 elective units. Electives are determined by the Institute you are enrolled at. Core units are :

  • Confirm physical health status

  • Analyse health information

  • Work in the nursing profession


  • An IELTS score (academic) of 6.5 with no band score less than 6.0 or equivalent is required.

  • Year 12 with passes in Maths and Science is required for entry into this course.


This course is a pathway to a Bachelor of Nursing at Edith Cowan University or Curtin University.

It is a requirement for nurses to be able to meet and demonstrate the National Nursing / Midwifery Competency Standards before they are granted registration. To discuss your eligibility for registration you will need to contact the individual state or territory nursing and midwifery regulatory authority in the state or territory where you wish to practice.

Overseas nurses may be required to complete a Competency Based Assessment. Program/Bridging Program in order to be able to meet this requirement. These courses must be completed either all or in part in Australia. The requirement to complete such a program will be determined at assessment.

 It is essential that nurses have a level of proficiency in English which enables them to communicate competently and safely with clients and colleagues; International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required with an overall pass mark of 7 in all four bands of testing, these results will be valid for 2 years.

If you are wanting to take a Nursing Degree in Australia, Australia’s Nursing Schools have an excellent reputation, providing high quality nursing programs designed to service every sector of the health care industry.  You can study a Nursing Degree at many Universities across Australia and can study a number of different specialist fields.  You can apply skills that can be gained through Nursing that can be applied through many situations.

There are many types of nursing positions that are on the Skilled Occupations List that are in high demand.

  • Midwife

  • Nurse Practitioner

  • Registered Nurse (Aged Care)

  • Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)

  • Registered Nurse (Community Health)

  • Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)

  • Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)

  • Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)

  • Registered Nurse (Medical)

Australia offers Nursing Degrees at many of its Universities :

  • Curtin University of Technology

  • Deakin University

  • Flinders University

  • James Cook University

  • Murdoch University

  • Queensland University of Technology

  • RMIT University

  • Southern Cross University

  • University of Newcastle

  • University of Queensland

  • University of South Australia

  • University of Sydney

  • University of Western Sydney


After completion of study and graduating, considering you meet the age, English and main criteria, you will be able to apply the following visas in Australia:

Temporary Graduate visa (2 years work stream)

The Temporary Graduate visa allows you to live and work in Australia temporarily after finishing study.

This visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work Stream

  • Post – Study Work Stream


Skilled  – Independent visa (subclass 189)

The Skilled – Independent visa is a points based visa for skilled workers that allows you to work in Australia as a permanent resident, you do not require sponsorship for this visa.  You will need to collect 60 points based on your age, English, qualification and experience and you will first have to submit an Expression of Interest through Skill select.

Skilled – Nominated visa (subclass 190)

The Skilled – Nominated visa is a points based visa for skilled workers that allows you to work in Australia as a permanent resident, you must first submit an Expression of Interest through Skillselect and you must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.


Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa is a sponsorship visa for skilled workers that allows you to work for 4 years under an approved business.


Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa

The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa is a visa that allows you to work in Regional areas of Australia, it is a two step process, the first is to be nominated by an approved Australian Employer and the second is to submit an application under one of the nomination streams.  This visa has 3 streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream

  • The Direct Entry Stream

  • The Agreement Stream.

To be able to live and work in Australia as a Qualified Nurse comes with many benefits, being eligible for permanent residency after 2-3 years, being able to constantly enhance your nursing skills, standard of living is high compared to most countries in the world and living costs are the lowest of any other country in the world, high annual income, Australia is a multicultural country with many diverse nationalities, whilst helping people in a career you love, you will live a happy, fulfilling and peaceful life, why wouldn’t you want to come to the land down under.

To find a further information regarding your eligibility to apply a temporary or permanent resident in Australia, please contact our office for an appointment on: (+61) 08 94775831 or email: [email protected].

Published On: September 6th, 2014 / Categories: Blog, Skilled Migration Visa_en /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    Your Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related Posts

    Am I Eligible For Permanent Residency Through General Skilled Migration (GSM)

    October 17th, 2020

    BREAKING NEWS! Important Updates for Immigration following 2020-2021 Budget Allocation!

    October 7th, 2020

    FAQ Impact Coronavirus to Australian Visa

    March 24th, 2020