Requirements for applying an Australian Visitor Visa 600
Here is what you need to prepare before applying for an Australian Visitor Visa 600
Do you want to visit Australia with Australian Visitor Visa 600?
There are so many things you could come and see here. Maybe you have some business activities to attend to while visiting Australia? Do you have family here you wish to come to see? All of these require a type of tourist visa to enter Australia.
Would you like some help preparing for your visitor visa application?
Why don’t we go over all the different streams and subclasses for the visitor visa Australia?
Australian Visitor Visa (subclass 600)
You can visit Australia on this type of visa for:
- A visit or for business visitor purposes;
- Up to three, six, or twelve months.
Currently, the base charge for the visitor visa 600 onshore or offshore ranges from AUD $135 to AUD $340.
eVisitor (subclass 651)
If you are currently the holder of a specific passport (from a country listed in the eVisitor article), you may be able to apply for a free or cheaper visa. This is the eVisitor (subclass 651) visa and is free of charge for holders of certain passports (from a country listed in the correct article).
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa (subclass 601)
If your country is not listed for the free eVisitor visa (subclass 651), your country may be on the list for the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa (subclass 601). The service charge for the ETA is AUD $20.
Brief details of the overall requirements for an Australia visitor visa
You may be granted this visa, if you are traveling to Australia, for the purpose of:
- Activities involved with a business;
- To visit with family;
- To tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
If you are currently in Australia, you may be able to apply for the tourist stream of the visitor visa online, as long as you currently hold a valid visa that does not have the condition of 8503 (“no further stay”).
If you are currently in Australia, only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online.
If you cannot apply online, you can always lodge a paper application at your nearest Australian Immigration Office.
There are four different streams for Visitor Visa Australia (subclass 600):
- Tourist stream;
- Business stream;
- Family-Sponsored Stream;
- Organized tour from China.
I recommend applying for this visa up to two weeks ahead of when you want to travel to Australia if you are from a low-risk country. If not, you should apply at least a month in advance to allow for Immigration to assess your case fully.
Document Checklist for Australian Visitor Visa subclass 600 application
Australian visitor visa application requirements are different from country to country. If you are currently overseas, your nearest Immigration Office will tell you exactly how and where to lodge your application and what documents you will need to provide.
You need to provide documentation to back up your application for this visa. Immigration can and will make a decision using only the information you provided when you lodged your application.
It is in your best interest to provide them with as much information and evidence as possible when you apply. Please provide certified copies of your original documents.
You won’t need to include original documents unless Immigration specifically asks for the originals.
Except for police certificates, they should be the originals. If your documents are not in English, they must be followed by an accredited English translation.
There are three types of Visitor Visa document that you need to provide, these are:
- Identity documentation;
- Character requirement;
- Genuine visitor document.
Use the below checklist for the visitor visa (includes all streams) to make sure your application is completely done.
1. Your identity documentation
- Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of every person included in the visitor visa application (these are the pages with the passport holder’s photo, their personal details, the issue, and expiry dates).
- One recent passport-sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of every person included in the visa application.
- These photographs need to be of the head and shoulders ONLY against a solid color background.
- Please write the name of the person on the back of the passport-sized photograph.
- If you have changed your name or anyone included in your application has changed their name: please provide a certified copy of the evidence of their name change.
- Certified copies of birth certificates for you and any other person included in the application. The birth certificates need to show the names of both parents of every person.
2. Character requirements for the visitor visa 600
- If yourself or others included in the application have served in the armed forces of any country: please provide certified copies of their military service record or discharge papers.
3. Documents needed to show you are a genuine visitor (GTE requirement)
- Provide evidence of enough funds, such as personal bank statements, payslips, audited accounts, taxation records, or your credit card limit.
- If you are visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Australia. If your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have the necessary funds.
- If you are visiting under the Tourist stream: Your itinerary for your stay in Australia.
- Other information to show that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country, such as:
- A letter from your employer stating your intention to return to your job,
- Evidence of enrolment at a school, college, or university in your home country,
- Evidence of immediate family members in your home country,
- Evidence of your visa or residence status in your home country, and your right to return
- Evidence of property or other significant assets owned in your home country.