How To Be Sponsor 407 Training Visa
How to be a Sponsor for Australian Training Visa Subclass 407
Australian Training visa 407 allows an organization to sponsor someone, who wants to be a part of workplace-based occupational training activities. As a 407 training sponsor, you need to be approved for temporary activities.
In order to be eligible sponsor to someone under this Training Visa Stream, you need to meet the following requirements:
- In order to be considered as an approved temporary activities sponsor on Australian Training Visa 407 if your business to have the following:
– Lawfully established and operating Australian organization,
– An Australian commonwealth, state or territory government agency,
– A foreign government agency lawfully operating in Australia for instance a consular or diplomatic mission, foreign tourist or media bureau, trade office or other foreign national government entity,
– An international organization recognized by Australia,
– An organization that operate the super yacht, the owner or the captain,
– A sporting organization,
– A religious institution.
Your business as a sponsor also have to agree in writing to sponsor the visa applicant and members of their family by including them in the applicant’s application. Your approval as an approved temporary activities sponsor for 407 Australian Training Visa is valid for 5 years. You may extend the sponsorship it before it expires.
- As a business who is willing to sponsor applicant under the 407 Training Visa Stream, You need to meet the general obligations. One of them is that as a sponsor you will need to make sure that the visa holder only works and participates in the nominated occupation, program or activity. If you want to engage the visa holder for a different role, then they have to submit a new Australian visa application.
- Provide the applicant who applying for the subclass 407 training with supporting documents such as giving them your Tax Reference Number (TRN) as well as written statement that you will meet your 407 Visa Subclass sponsorship obligations.
- You should have a good business record.
- Submit a Visa Payment for visa declaration.
- You must obey Australian laws. To sponsor someone for a Training visa (Subclass 407) you have to prove that you can directly provide training, unless you are a national Australian Commonwealth Government agency of have an exemption.
There are 3 Occupational Training Types for Training Visa (Subclass 407).
- Occupational training required for registration
This occupational training is needed to get occupational registration, membership or licensing. This is considered mandatory to work at that occupation in Australia or home country.
- Occupational Training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
Workplace based structured training program that is specifically tailored and timed to the training needs of the nominated person. This training involves a nominee who has recent and suitable experience such as has equivalent of at least 12 months full time working on that occupation or occurred in the 24 months before, the nomination is lodged.
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
This training program under Sublcass 407 Training Visa is divided into 3 categories:
- Overseas qualification
The structured workplace based training up to 6 months is appointed to students, who are currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution, to complete a period of practical training, research or observation, and must be specifically tailored to the training needs of the nominated person.
- Government support
The training has to be supported by a government agency in Australia, the government in a home country of the nominated trainee, government agency support in Australia (must be national or state/territory level), government in the nominated person’s home country (must be at the national, state/territory or provincial level).
- Professional development
This is a face to face teaching program, which generally is held in classrooms or similar environment in Australia. It is for overseas employers to send their managerial or professional employees.
If you are planning to sponsor someone for this new Australian Training visa and need professional assistance then you have found the right place to start this process. ONE derland Consulting, led directly by a Registered Migration Agent in Australia, Indah Melindasari, has a decade worth of experience handling different visas.
Make sure your visa process to Australia runs smoothly by using a professional and trusted migration agent to avoid visa refusals. ONE derland Consulting has quite a lot and varied experience handling all kind of cases.