What Visa is Needed to Marry a Permanent Resident?

Do you planning to marry a permanent resident?

Every visa application we create is important to us, but there is something about the partner visa (or spouse visa as it is sometimes known) that is special.

We know how significant it is for you that it turns out right.

We see it in your letters, your photos and hear it in the tone of your voice.

Having a partner visa granted or rejected is a huge event in the applicant’s lives and whichever way it goes it will have a lasting impact.

We become invested in your stories and really care about your relationship and making sure you are not separated from your family.

That’s why we will never hurry an application, or submit it if we are not 100% sure it will be approved.

Our partner visa applications are so good, we once had immigration grant one couple permanent residency right away.

They skipped the temporary visa!

This is a very, very, unusual occurrence, but it goes to show our experience in this longwinded and complex application process.

We really ensure that all the details are correct in your submission to give you the best chance of success.

Being an Australian Permanent Resident (PR) gives you the same rights as an Australian citizen. i.e you can stay in Australia permanently, work, use the healthcare, travel and live your life as you would as if you were an Australian citizen.

It also means that you are able to sponsor your partner/ spouse/ fiancé for a partner visa.

For a couple to be eligible to apply for a partner visa when you are not married, you need to have been in a defacto relationship for at least 12 months.

Defacto means living together as a couple.

If you haven’t had the chance to live together yet, don’t worry, there are lots of other ways to prove you are in a dedicated and committed relationship, as long as you have been together for 12 months or more.

There are also other eligibility criteria for each person in the couple.

For example, you must be able to prove that the non-PR partner can be financially supported while in Australia (until they have the right to work) either by their own means or from the PR’s salary/ savings.

The PR sponsoring the non-PR partner must offer their partner accommodation and other support such as child care, if necessary.

The non-PR partner must also fulfill certain character, and health requirements.

English language ability is not one of the eligibility criteria, so don’t worry about this.

Once you are eligible, there are a few routes you can take to marry your partner. You can either apply for a Prospective Marriage visa, which then leads on to a partner visa; or you can marry outside of Australia (provided the marriage is recognized by Australian laws) and then apply for a partner visa.

There are some visa subclass applications that are fairly straight forward and can mostly be done by anyone without the help of a migration agent.

Partner visas and prospective marriage visas do not come under that category.

They are long winded, complex and extremely detailed.

You must seek the help of an experienced and registered migration agent in case you want to marry a Permanent Resident.

These marriage and partner visas very expensive and stressful to do, and you do not get any money back if the visa is refused.

Not only do you have to deal with these annoyances if it is refused, but it is devastating for the couple involved.

It is heartbreaking.

Once you have a visa refused it makes it a lot harder to ever be granted another in future.

It is possible, but it is very difficult.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking that you can do your partner visa application without the help of an expert; we cannot stress to you how much information is required.

We know exactly what to put into an application and what to keep out of it.

The impact on your relationship and wellbeing is not worth the risk.

When you hire a migration agent like ONE derland Consulting you can be rest assured that we are a registered migration agent, and not just someone who will run off with your money.

We have a lot of experience in prospective marriage visas and partner visas and our migration agent specializes in refusal cases too.

By hiring us you will be giving yourself the best possible chance of a successful and stress free application.

If you have any issues with your partner visa application, and are not ready to lodge, or not sure what documents to provide and need to discuss with a professional, please contact ONEderland Consulting on 08 9477 5831.

We will be able to assist you in all complex issues regarding Partner Visa and Marriage visa applications.

Let us help you with your Partner Visa application in any way we can.

ONE derland Consulting is a Migration Agency completely dedicated to helping people migrate to Australia the right way.

We make the process of getting your visa SO much easier and we can also make it much more likely for you, as our client, to be granted the visa you are after.

Our Senior Migration Agent, Indah Melindasari, is a registered agent with Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), MARA number: 0961448, who has been in this profession since 2009, when she migrated to Australia from Indonesia herself.

We are regulated in our professional practice and are bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority, This we follow with conviction.

Our agent has done more than enough applications in her 8 years of experience to know not only the rules and regulations for each type of visa, but what documentation you need to have along with your application.

This is tailored to each of our client’s individual circumstances, and our only goal is to make sure you can be with that special someone you love in Australia.

If you want to marry a Permanent Resident and doesnt know where to start with your visa application, don’t shy away to ask us.

Book a consultation with Mrs. Indah to get the best option for your migration pathway.

This pathway will minimizes the risk of partner visa refusal and keep the chance of you marry your beloved partner.

We would like to hear more from you soon.