Migration Occupation List

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448


MARN 0961 448 | UPDATED MAY 2019


Migration Occupation Lists for Northern Territory Migration (NT)

The migration occupation list of Northern Territory includes occupations that are in demand in the Northern Territory and also eligible for Northern Territory nomination under the general skilled migration program. 

Northern Territory Migration Occupation Lists

There are some ways to understanding the Northern Territory Migration occupation list: 

  • For Occupation marked with * requires Mandatory licensing or registration requirement and Demonstrated English level either sufficient to meet licensing / registration OR a minimum IELTS 6.0 score in each band or equivalent (whichever is higher).
  • For Occupation Marked with !! requires you to have a high quality of communication skills 
  • For all other occupations not marked requires A level of English of at least IELTS 6 in each band or equivalent from one of the English testing systems accepted by the Department of Home Affairs.

If you are thinking about migrating to Australia especially to Northern Territory then you need to pay attention to those lists above. You may also want to consider other requirements as this will determine the possibility of getting an offer to apply for either visa subclass 190 or Subclass 491. Both are points tested skills which means that you will more likely to receive and offer from the state if you possess higher points compared to other migrants applying for the same state nomination. 

General Requirements for General Skilled Migration Visa

The general requirements for General Skilled migration visa are:

  1. You must be under 45 years old when the nomination takes place. 
  2. You need to have your skills assessed by a relevant Australian skills assessment and assessing authority for the skilled occupation that you have nominated.
  3. The minimum English language requirement is an outcome of Competent unless otherwise specified by assessing/licensing or registration body or on the NT Migration Occupation List. Competent means the equivalent of at least IELTS 6.0 in each band level.
  4. Possess at least 65 points, the minimum required points to apply for a skilled migration visa.
  5. Commitment to living, work and contribute to NT in general. 

Financial capacity evidence if you reside outside NT is a minimum of 

  1.  AU$35,000 for the individual applicant. There will be additional costs if you have dependents with you.

You may still apply for NT Government nomination even if your occupation is NOT on the NT Migration Occupations List if:

  1. Your occupation is listed on the Department of Home Affairs.
  2. Your occupation is identified as being eligible for subclass 491 or subclass 190 visa.

If you believe that you possess the skills needed in Northern Territory, reside in or outside Northern Territory but you are interested to move to this area then you need to check those requirements above or if it is still confusing for you then we recommend you to have a consultation with a registered migration agent.