BREAKING NEWS: Occupation Ceilings for 2019-2020 Announced
This week the Department of Home Affairs has published the occupation ceilings list for the new 2019 – 2020 financial year.
The occupation ceilings list may apply to skilled visas requiring invitation (Expression of Interest – EOI), including under the skilled independent visa (subclass 189) and skilled regional (provisional) visa subclass 489, the latter visa to be replaced by Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa commencing 16 November 2019.
Occupation groups dominating the occupation ceilings list are:
- 2544 – Registered Nurses with occupation ceilings set at 17,509 and is quickly filling up
- 3312 – Carpenters and Joiners with maximum 8,536 invitations
- 2613 – Software and Applications Programmers occupation ceilings set at 8,748
- 3411 – Electricians is allocated 8,624 nominations
- 2414 – Secondary School Teachers have 8,052
- 1213 – Livestock Farmers with 5,934 nominations
- 2247 – Management consultant with occupation ceiling of 5,269
This occupation ceilings list does not apply to State or Territory Nominated Skilled Nomination Visa (subclass 190), Employer Sponsored, and Business Innovation and Investment visas.
List of the occupation ceilings for 2019-2020 fiscal year, as of 22 July 2019, is as shown below.
* If you are reading this on a smartphone kindly scroll left to see the full table.