🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

Permanent Residency Australia – Different Types of Permanent Visas


If you have been considering applying for a permanent resident Australia, there has never been a better time for the dreamy sea-change. With the ever so popular and convenient visa processing program called SkillSelect, the opportunities available to skilled workers planning their permanent residency visa are boundless.

Australia offers incredible and unique working experiences to skilled workers seeking to relocate permanently to the Great Southern Land.

As a skilled worker, options for permanent residency are not limited to one pathway. The following visas are permanent residency visas tailored to skilled workers:

The Employer Nomination Scheme, also known as ENS, has been designed to cater for skilled workers who are currently located overseas and seeking permanent residency on an employment basis or skilled workers who are currently living and working in Australia on a temporary working visa.

To be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • Be appointed by an approved employer who will assign you a position within their business
  • Be under the age of 50
  • Meet specific skills and qualifications requirements
  • Meet English language requirements

This visa will allow you to:

  • Live and work on a permanent level in Australia
  • Enroll in study courses
  • Enroll for Medicare
  • Receive some certain social security payments
  • Apply for Australian Citizenship
  • Sponsor other people for permanent residency
  • Travel in and out of Australia for 5 years

Further to the ENS, there are also other employment based visas on the road to permanent residency. Another option is to apply under the General Skilled Migration Program. There are two permanent residency visas under the GSM. The first, a Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) visa has been built for skilled workers who are currently not being sponsored by a business, state or territory or family relative. The second, a Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa has been built for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory.

To be eligible for these visas, you must:

  • be invited to apply
  • be less than 50 years of age when you apply
  • apply under an occupation that corresponds with your skills, qualifications and is on the accordant skilled occupation list
  • see your skills assessed to by the applicable assessing authority
  • be capable of at least competent English levels
  • meet the benchmark score on the points test (60 points)
  • satisfy the health and character requirements.

If you are granted one of these two visas, you will be entitled to live and work on a permanent basis in Australia, study, enroll in Medicare, be given access to certain social security payments, apply for Australian Citizenship and sponsor relatives for permanent residency.

Partners and spouses of Australian citizens are also eligible for permanent residency after certain probation periods. While initially applying for a temporary visa, if your relationship is still standing after two years, you are then considered eligible for permanent residency which means working, studying and residing all within the law.

There are also opportunities for current permanent residents or citizens in Australia to sponsor family members to Australia such as children or parents who may also eventually gain permanent residency after probation periods have been fulfilled.

Another type of permanent visa is a Parent Visa (subclass 103) will allow you to sponsor your mother and/or father for migration to Australia and become a permanent resident. To be eligible for this visa:

  • your sponsoring child must be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen
  • if your child is under the age of 18, you must have another eligible sponsor
  • you must have an Assurance of Support
  • you must pass the Balance of Family Test, at least half of the children are residing in Australia, either Permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
  • you must meet the health and character requirements

Further to these visas, after at least four years spent in Australia, and at least one of those years as a permanent resident, you may then be eligible for Australian citizenship.

For more information about the migrating to Australia and obtaining permanent residency, you may contact us via phone or fill the details using the form below.

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting