New Pathway to Australia Permanent Residency for International Students
Western Australia Government Introduces New Pathway To Permanent Residency for International Students
On Monday 1st October 2018 the Western Australia State Government introduced a new pathway to Permanent Residency for international students who have studied a minimum of two years in a Western Australian university.
To be eligible under the governments new pathway to Australian Permanent Residency for international students which is known as “graduate stream” the student must have proficient English and have been offered full time employment.
They have also released a “graduate occupation list” and the student must have an occupation that is available on the list to be eligible.
For students who hold A bachelor or higher degree you will only be able to access certain occupations however those who have graduated with a Masters or PhD all of the occupations on the “Graduate Occupation List” or GOL are available to you.
You may be eligible for Western Australian State nomination using one of the following visa subclasses:
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190); or
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
- The requirements for the “Graduate stream” are as follows:
- Meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements for the intended visa subclass 190 or 489.
- Have A nominated occupation available on the Graduate occupation list
- Meet English requirements – all applicants must demonstrate “proficient” level of English
- Demonstrated the minimum required work experience in nominated occupation – For Bachelor and higher degree graduates only
- Provide a contract of employment
- Demonstrate the minimum requirements for Western Australian study
Demonstrated sufficient funds – For applicants who are not yet living in Western Australia
- Most of the occupations listed on the Graduate Occupation List (GOL) are available for both the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) and the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489), but not all.
- This is also the case for what occupations are available between those who have a PhD/Masters or those who have a Bachelor or higher degree.
To help determine if your eligible of Permanent Residency for International Students and your nominated occupation is on the GOL we have listed it below:
2018 Graduate occupation list
|ANZSCO code||Occupation List||Eligible Visas||PhD and Masters||Bachelor /Higher|
|233911||Aeronautical Engineer||190, 489||YES||YES|
|253917||Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist||190,489||YES||YES|
|241111||Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher||190,489||YES||YES|
|253912||Emergency Medicine Specialist||190,489||YES||YES|
|251311||Environmental Health Officer||489||YES||YES|
|222311||Financial Investment Adviser||190,489||YES||YES|
|222312||Financial Investment Manager||190,489||YES||YES|
|141311||Hotel or Motel Manager||190,489||YES||YES|
|262112||ICT Security Specialist||190,489||YES||YES|
|411112||Intensive Care Ambulance Paramedic||190,489||YES||YES|