Google Rating
Based on 142 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 146 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

Am I Eligible For Permanent Residency Through General Skilled Migration (GSM)?

Am I Eligible For Permanent Residency Through General Skilled Migration (GSM)?

How Do I Know That I’m Eligible For Australian Permanent Residency Through General Skilled Migration (GSM) Pathway?

One of the most popular ways for someone to obtain Australian Permanent Residency is to go through the General Skilled Migration (GSM) pathway.

General skilled migration (GSM) visa is an umbrella term used to define a range of skilled visa subclasses.

In general there are three popular Australian skilled permanent visas: Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190), Skilled Independent (subclass 189), and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491). These subclasses are similar as they are all points tested visas.

As an applicant, you are required to fulfill the eligibility including:

  • You must have an occupation  that is relevant to the skills needed;
  • Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations, this includes:
    – Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL),
    – Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL),
    – Regional Occupation List (ROL).
  • Not all occupations are relevant to GSM visas, the visas relevant to your occupation can be seen in each list;
  • You must determine which occupation is the most relevant to your employment history.

While this seems easy, you need to pay special attention to the qualification and/or whether registration is required as these conditions may be imposed:

  • You must have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation;
  • After determining occupation is the most relevant to your experience, you need to go through the next step which is skills assessment;
  • Skills assessments are done by the assessing authority relevant to the occupations;
  • Assessing authorities will assess the suitability of your qualification as well as work experience;
  • Your work experience must have been in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, and undergo skills assessment before it can be claimed.

Be mindful that provisional assessment outcomes cannot be used for general skilled visas. So you need to ensure you are applying for the correct assessment.

To Be Eligible For Permanent Residency, You Must Meet The Points Test Pass Mark Of 65 Points

You must be able to meet the points score on your invitation letter. As of July 2018, the score is 65 or more. The score on your invitation letter is based on the information you have provided in your EOI. The higher your points are, the better you would rank against other intending migrants. The highest ranked applicant by points score will be invited to apply for the relevant visa. You can claim points from your age, English proficiency, skilled employment in the last 10 years, qualifications, etc.

Here’s What You Need To Do If You Want To Get More Than 65 Points

  • You must be under 45 years of age at time of invitation;
  • You must have achieved a score of at least 7 in each of the four test components, speaking, reading, listening and writing in an IELTS test (or equivalent) that has been undertaken in the three years immediately prior to lodging the visa application;
  • You must be nominated by a state or territory government agency (Subclass 190 & 491 only).

For Subclass 190 & 491, You Must Be Invited By A State Or Territory Government Agency To Apply For The Visa

State or territory governments are responsible to create and update the list of occupations needed within their jurisdiction, not all occupations listed in the MLTSSL and STSOL are needed in every state or territory.

There may also be additional requirements you must fulfill before you are eligible for state sponsorship, and this can be in the form of financial evidence, employment offer letter, statement and essays, etc.

Once you are nominated by the government (state or territory government for subclass 190 or 491), you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa and be given a limited amount of time to lodge the visa application.

After your visa is granted you may be given a due date for the first entry to Australia.

Your Future Plan To Obtain Australian Permanent Residency Is Not Worth The Risk

When you hire a migration agent to assist with your visa applications for permanent residency, like ONEderland Consulting, you can rest assured that your visa application is handled by the right person. We will assist you every step of the way to successfully get an Australia permanent residency.

We understand that applying for a visa to Australia is certainly very complex.

Our visa specialists at ONE derland Consulting will help you assess your visa options.

We have a 98% success rate and one of the most recommended migration agents in Australia. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.

We specialise in complex visa cases. As a registered Australian migration agent with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Take the first leap and get in touch with us. Our migration agents are professional, honest and able to speak various languages such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, Polish, German and Russian.

Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone on 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online and it is 100% refundable* if you become our client.

(*Terms and conditions apply).

Published On: October 17th, 2020 / Categories: General Info, Skilled Migration Visa_en /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    First Name

    Last Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related Posts

    Am I Eligible For Permanent Residency Through General Skilled Migration (GSM)

    October 17th, 2020

    BREAKING NEWS! Important Updates for Immigration following 2020-2021 Budget Allocation!

    October 7th, 2020

    FAQ Impact Coronavirus to Australian Visa

    March 24th, 2020