RSMS 187 Visa – Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (Subclass 187)
Are you one of the skilled migrant in Regional Australia who wants to get a PR? Do you have an employer that would like to sponsor you? If so, visa subclass 187 can be one of your choices. Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Subclass 187 is a visa pathway for the applicant who already has an employer to nominate them in a regional area to get their PR.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa Subclass 187
For applying this visa, you have to meet some basic eligibility, such as:
- Nominated by an Australian employer in the regional area;
- Must be under 45 years old;
- Must meet the qualification for skills, English requirement, etc.
Once you are granted this visa, you will have the same rights as a Permanent Resident, such as:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely;
- Work and study in Australia;
- Enroll for Medicare in Australia;
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years;
- Might apply for citizenship if meeting the eligibility.
You can include your family (partner and dependent child) to this application. The cost for this application is $4,045 AUD for the main applicant. The processing time for this application is between 5-8 months. This visa has 2 processes to be fulfilled which are the nomination and visa application. The nomination process is for assessing the employer while the visa application is focused on assessing the applicant.
RSMS 187 Visa November 2019 Update
RSMS Subclass 187 has 2 streams, direct entry stream and temporary residence transition stream.
As per 16 November 2019, the direct entry stream has been closed by the Department of Home Affairs.
This is due to the introduction of the Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 494.
RSMS Visa 187 – Temporary Residence Transition Stream
For the temporary residence transition stream, you may apply it onshore or offshore. If you are onshore, you should hold a substantive visa or a BVA, BVB, or BVC. For applying this visa, applicants must meet the below eligibility, such as:
- Must hold a 457, TSS or related bridging visa A, B or C;
- Must have worked for your employer full-time for at least three years;
- Must be nominated by your current employer;
- Must be under 45 years age, unless exempt;
- Must have at least competent English;
- Must meet the health and character requirement;
- Must not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused.
As the employer, they should meet some criteria as per below:
- Must be an eligible business including pay the SAF Levy;
- Must be the applicant’s most recent approved sponsor.
Share This Information, Choose Your Platform!
Ready to start with your RSMS 187 visa application?
We’ve helped both workers and employers, providing high quality document work for their 187 visa application.
Never take unnecessary risk. Let ONE derland Consulting, the best RSMS 187 visa expert in Perth handle your case.
Contact us through the form below to take the first step of your journey to Australia.
“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”
Maria Helen De Guzman
Bridging Visa E