🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

Skilled Migration: Sponsoring Skilled Workers in Australia


As an employer, locating and hiring the ideal staff with technical experience and qualifications can be a difficult task.

Are you meeting barricade after barricade with finding the right Australian citizen or permanent resident for your advertised role?

Perhaps it’s time to look into sourcing a member or multiple members of your faculty internationally.

With multiple sponsoring options available to businesses small and large, never before has some of the finest first-class staff been easier to access.

One of the more popular working visa avenues, widely known as the 457 visa, is a relatively low-cost initiative into sponsoring skilled workers with internationally recognized accreditations and experience.

As a business, to sponsor skilled workers you must first apply to become a standard business sponsor.

If you are a lawfully operating business, you meet the training requirements (Australian businesses only) and you have no adverse information against your company, this should not be a problem.

Once granted as a standard business sponsor, you will be eligible to sponsor skilled migrants.

You will be granted the ability to do this for 3 years and the 3 year period can be extended at any time.

You will be able to sponsor as many skilled workers as you wish, provided the nominated independents and your company meet the requirements.

If you are a global company with multinational establishments and have staff at one of your international offices that you would like to work in Australia, the 457 visa is an exceptional pathway of not only transferring your staff to Australia, but also providing an opportunity for your employees to broaden their career horizons and industry exposure.

As an applicant for a 457 working visa, you must have skills, qualifications, experience and an employment experience that is relative to the nominated position.

You must also meet the English standard requirement set for this particular visa, as well as have health insurance.

You must be eligible for any licenses or registrations required to fill the nominated position.

Another great option introduced by the Australian Government is the SkillSelect program.

SkillSelect has been established to assist Australian employers to discover skilled employees who hold the view of migration to Australia.

This option gives employers the tools to quickly pinpoint and sponsor skilled workers to meet skill shortages.

SkillSelect is a no obligation and complimentary service which is beneficial, simple and handy and a brilliant option for regionally based business with staff shortages.

The SkillSelect program can lead onto 3 possible visas including the Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) visa, the Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190) visa or the Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional, subclass 489) visa.

These visas are all part of the skilled migration program.

Through the first two mentioned visas, you will be able to apply for permanent residency.

The final of the three visas is a provisional/temporary residency visa.

To apply for these visas, you must:

  • be invited to apply
  • be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
  • nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
  • have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
  • have at least competent English
  • score at least 60 on the points test
  • meet the health and character requirements.

If you’re looking for alternative ways to obtain permanent residency, there are other fantastic pathways leading to permanent residency and employment thanks to the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) or the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS).

Australian businesses or overseas businesses operating in Australia may sponsor overseas skilled workers for a permanent residency visa the ENS or the RSMS depending upon the applicant’s qualifications, skills and experience and the company’s business needs, location and positions available within the company.

There are multiple and varied skilled visa options designed for the purpose of skilled migration.

For more information about sponsoring skilled workers, finding skilled workers via SkillSelect or information on requirements, eligibility and/or how to apply for some of the skilled visa options, you may visit our website: www.onederland.com.au or contact us on +61 8 9477 5831.

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting