Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 Visa Requirements and Eligibility
The Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 visa allows recent engineering graduates from a recognised universities in eligible countries who have completed an engineering qualification within the last 2 years.
This visa allows the holder to live, work or study in Australia for 18 months.
There are few important factors impacting your eligibility and the Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 visa requirements you must meet.
It goes without saying that you need to meet the character and health requirements.
But other than that, detailed below is additional requirement for the Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa subclass 476.
Please read more about Permanent Residency for Graduate International Students here.
Age requirements for 476 Visa
You must be under 31 years of age by the time your 476 visa is granted.
Engineering qualification from a recognized institution
You have just completed, in the last 2 years, an engineering qualification in a bachelor level of higher, no lower qualification is accepted.
For the purpose of this visa, this could be a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctoral degree, and postgraduate diploma.
The qualification also has to have a specialized engineering major, example of engineering major for 476 visa are :
Your qualification must be conferred to you from an educational institution that is recognised or any provider that is offering a Washington Accord-accredited qualification (you can find this information by contacting the body responsible for accrediting engineering degree programs in your country if they are listed as a signatory to the accord).
If you study at an institution or college that is affiliated with a recognised institution, and not the actual institution, you do not satisfy this requirement.
Please read more about visa option for Graduates in Australia here
Recognised institutions for 476 visa application.
In addition to those, the Australian immigration also recognise the following institutions from different countries:
- Argentina – Catholic University of Argentina
- Brazil – Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Chile – Universidad Catolica del Norte, Catholic University of Chile, University of Chile, University of Concepcion
- Finland – HUT, Helsinki
- Germany – RWTH Aachen, Technical University of Berlin, Technical University of Clausthal, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, University of Hannover.
- Hungary – University of Miskolc
- India – Anna University Chennai, Baranas Hindu University Varanasi, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Indian School of Mines Dhanbad,
- Iran – Amir Kabir University of Technology and University of Tehran
- People’s Republic of China – Beijing Normal University, Beijing Petroleum University, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing University of Technology, China University of Mining and Technology Beijing, Guangzhou University, Shanghai University of Engineering Science, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Tongji University, Tsinghua University, and University of Science and Technology Beijing
- Philippines – University of the Philippines
- Poland – Wroclaw University of Technology
- Slovakia – TU Kosice
- Sweden – Lulea University of Technology
- Tanzania – University of Dar es Salaam
476 visa IELTS requirement
You must also meet the minimum English language proficiency, unless you are a citizen of and hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
If you are not a citizen of any of these countries who have received education from the home country, you need to provide an evidence that you have meet the minimum requirement for English language proficiency.
The minimum requirement is as follows:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 parts
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT) : Total score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4 for listening, 4 for reading, 14 for writing and 14 for speaking
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) : Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 parts
- Occupational English Test (OET) : At least B for each of the 4 parts
- Cambridge C1 Advanced test (taken on or after 1 January 2015 and before you applied for the visa) Overall at least 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components
Any of these test types are accepted, as long as you have achieved the minimum score and was taken in the past three years.
Australian migration history
Last but not least, to be able to obtain Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 Visa you must not have previously been the primary visa holder of another subclass 476 as this visa cannot be extended, or a subclass 485 visa.
You also must not have had any visa cancellation or refusal while you were in Australia.
Can I apply for Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 Visa?
Are you thinking of applying for the 476 visa?
Do you want to discuss your eligibility?
Do you have any questions about the Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa?
Give us a try!
You have an aspiration to migrate to Australia? We have a way to get you there!
Not eligible for this subclass? Let us help you with other visas.
ONE derland Consulting is the most prominent Migration Agent in Perth and we strive to achieve the most preferable Australian Visa outcomes for all our clients.
With more than thousands of Australian Visa approvals, our results speak for themselves.
Should you not qualify to apply for Skilled – Recognised Graduate 476 Visa to Australia, we will make some recommendations for you based on your current circumstances and budget.
The first step to your Australian migration plan is as easy as sending your question to us at [email protected] or calling our professional team at 08 9477 5831 (Perth), 02 9188 2065 (Sydney) and 03 9088 4114 (Melbourne)
Once our professional team are done assessing you after your initial call, you can book an appointment with Indah Melindasari, our registered migration agent to find the best plan for you to obtain the Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa.
Our registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari has more than 8 years of extensive experience handling various cases of Australian visas.
with registration number of 0961448, Indah and ONE derland Consulting team abide to the regulation estabilished by Migration Agent Registration Authority to ensure our client Australian visa case is being handled by the right person.
From the appointment, you will gain valuable insight and actionable 476 visa application plan with the minimum risk for you.
Don’t risk your chance getting an Australian 476 visa, book your private appointment now!