The Temporary Activity visa enables professional academics to visit Australia on a temporary basis, to observe or participate in an Australian research project. This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporarily:
- Entertainment: work in the entertainment industry – in film, television or live productions in either a performance or behind-the-scenes role, such as directing, producing and other production roles.
- Invited Participant: For people who are invited for stays up to 3 months by an organisation operating in Australia to participate in a specific cultural or social event or events. For example, conferences, sporting, religious or other community events.
- Researcher: To participate or observe in an Australian research project after being invited to do so. To undertake a research activity at an Australian tertiary or research institution related to your field of study.
- Religious Worker: To be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution in Australia.
- Special program: To participate in an approved special program that provides opportunities for youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community benefits.
- Sport: Play, coach or instruct, or adjudicate under contract to an Australian sporting club or organisation. Participate in a high-level sports training program.
- Domestic worker: This temporary visa for people who do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
- Government endorsed event: This temporary visa lets you come to Australia to participate in events that are endorsed by the Australian Government.
- Exchange: To work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to:
1. Allow participants to experience another culture.
2. Enhance international relations.
3. Broaden participants’ experience and knowledge.
- Superyacht Crew: To be employed as a superyacht crew member onboard a superyacht in Australia.
- Australian Government Endorsed Event: To participate in a government-endorsed major event.