🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

What is the Temporary Work (Short-Stay Specialist) Visa subclass 400 Australia?


What is the Temporary Work (Short-Stay Specialist) Visa Subclass 400 Australia?

The 400 visa Australia meaning lays on ‘highly specialised’ work specialised visa. Meaning you have to do highly specialised/skilled and non-ongoing work in Australia for a short period of time.

The 400 visa allows the holder to work for 3 months, in certain cases the permit can be extended up to 6 months and cannot be extended further. This visa also allows you to include your immediate family members when applying for the visa.

See the details of this visa below.

Who is Eligible for the 400 Visa?

To apply for a 400 visa, you must have specific skills, knowledge or experience that can make a contribution to business in Australia and are not reasonably available or limited in the Australian labour market.

Conditions for a 400 visa include:

  • the ability to assist an Australian business,
  • a reasonable inability to be found in the Australian labour market, and
  • the non-sustainable nature of the work.

As part of the 400 visa application process, you don’t need a business sponsor but you will need to have an invitation or offer letter from an Australian organisation as well as provide proof of your specialisation or skills.

Read More: Temporary Work Visa Subclass 400 Cost

Highly Specialised Occupations and Other Requirements

Highly Specialised Occupations and Other Requirements

Occupations that are considered ‘highly specialised’, including, but not limited to:

  • A General lecturer
  • Specialists who give master classes
  • Specialists/contractors invited for short term activities or work in Australia

As with all Australian visas, to obtain a Temporary Work (Short stay specialist) subclass 400 visa you must also meet the Health and Character requirements as set out by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

The 400 visa also requires that the applicant to be outside Australia when applying for this visa and when the Department makes a decision regarding your visa application.

Case Example

You’re a highly skilled Cybersecurity Analyst, being invited to work for a Tech company that will run the semester cybersecurity review for the company. The company has been searching for the local analyst, but failed. The company has no other choices except to invite to work with them for 6 months to complete the project.

In this situation, you’ve met the conditions that:

  • You’re highly skilled to perform a specific work;
  • Your job is non-going. It only applies for the project;
  • The owner reasonably could not find another Cybersecurity Analyst to complete the project.

Are you currently in the same situation? Consider having a consultation with our Registered Migration Agent to plan your 400 Visa application.

What are the Conditions that may Apply on the 400 Visa?

Getting the 400 Visa Australia meaning that the following conditions apply:

  • 8101 – NO WORK (The applicant cannot work in Australia) – for certain streams and cases only
  • 8503 – NO FURTHER STAY (The applicant cannot apply for any other visa whilst onshore in Australia)
  • 8303 – CHARACTER (The applicant must not partake in any illegal activity that may cause harm to the Australian community)
  • 8107 – WORK LIMITATION (The applicant must only partake in the work or activity as specified in the application)

How to apply for this Visa?

You can obtain the 400 visa by applying online via ImmiAccount. Make sure you have met all eligibility criteria and prepare your documents before attaching them to the application.

If you are including your family members, you can process the family application together. You do not need sponsorship and or nomination to apply for a 400 visa.

Your Migration Agent can determine whether your work is considered ‘specialist’ through one simple click on below:

Book Your Consultation - 100% Money Back Guarantee 3

Do you Need Assistance with 400 Visa Application?

If you want to know whether you are eligible to apply for a 400 Visa, contact us at ONE derland Consulting.

Our visa specialists at ONE derland Consulting will assist and give you complete suggestions in extending your stay in Australia. We have a 98% success rate and are one of Australia’s most highly recommended migration agents. Read our 4.9* score customer reviews.

We are complex visa specialists. As registered Australian migration agents with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), we are regulated in our professional practice and bound by the profession’s Code of Conduct issued by the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

Take the first step and get in touch with us. Our team members are professional and honest and speak various languages, such as Mandarin/ Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Arabic, Japanese, and Thai. Contact us through email at [email protected] or via phone at 1300 827 159. Alternatively, you may book your consultation online, and it is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee Program.

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting