Google Rating
Based on 142 reviews
Facebook Rating
Based on 171 reviews
Free Assessment - Click Here

Skilled Visa Calculator

Check Your Chance


Having only a couple months to sort out my visa, Indah was such an excellent source to have in order to process everything correctly and in a quick manner. She provided the right tools to keep the process simple and user friendly with a professional manner. I would recommend Indah (ONE derland Consulting) for anyone seeking help on attaining a visa. I know if I ever need to apply for another visa, Indah will be the first person I contact! Thanks again for all your help!
Katie Blitz
We would like to say thank you so much for assisting me with my working visa application recently. I was so thrilled when you contacted me to advise that a company offered work with them. From then, everything went so quickly. We did all the skills assessment and preparation of my visa, and it was granted less than 6 months. There is nothing I can say, except thank you for helping me achieve my dream in this beautiful country. I would now like to ask for your help again to bring my partner to Australia. Thank you for keeping me updated with the progress and any changes to the rules. I am sure that many people are very happy with your service!
Fernando Gonzales
I will be forever grateful to Mbak Indah for taking care of my permanent visa application in Perth. It got approved faster than I thought and I am now happily residing in Australia with the freedom to pursue my dreams. I found ONE derland Consulting through a simple search from the migration agent database. I chose her because I felt I could trust her and because she gave me great advice and handled my application very professionally. She keeps you up to date and it has been a pleasure cooperating with her. I fully recommend her to anyone who is looking for migration consulting services, may it be a study visa, graduate, or permanent visa. You can’t get any better advice and representation than this.
Erwin Kurnadi
Thanks God for saving my life, and again Ms Indah acted very quickly, she straight away arranged all my paperwork and applied the visa within 2 days! shall recommend your service to everyone I met in Australia!
Alan Christier

Visa Application from Student Visa to 457 Visa to RSMS

Visa Application from Student Visa to 457 Visa to RSMS

How To Transition From Student Visa To 457 Visa to RSMS

This time, we are going to discuss case study from one of our clients who we assisted to get permanent residency transitioning from student visa to 457 to RSMS Visa.

In late 2009, 22 year old Aryanto (not in real name) an Indonesian citizen began studying in Australia doing a Diploma of Horticulture in Western Australia using a Student (subclass 572) visa.

Perth felt like home to Aryanto and he would often go into the city after class to find the best cafes to relax at or even study.

He especially adored Perth’s public parks and was amazed by how green and lush the grass always seemed to be, especially compared to his home city Jakarta, where open recreational spaces and greenery was always hard to find.

In late 2011 when Aryanto was about to finish his study at TAFE, he contacted ONE derland Consulting, inquiring about how he can find employment and gain an Australian permanent residency.

After having a comprehensive consultation with our Perth based Senior Migration Agent Indah Melindasari, and having explained that his end goal was actually to live in Australia permanently; we suggested that he first apply for the Work (Skilled) 457 Visa then after 2 years, transfer to a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme – RSMS  (subclass 187) visa via the Temporary Residence Transition stream.

Student Visa to 457 Visa

This pathway would eventually lead to Australian permanent residency.

However the Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa or the 457 visa for short has various requirements which Aryanto would first have to meet in order to be eligible for transitioning from Student visa to 457 visa.

  • Firstly he would need an approved Australian business to sponsor him. Fortunately for him, ONE Derland Consulting offer a service to help him find the business who is willing to sponsor skilled workers on 457 visa.

  • His occupation would also need to be featured on the consolidated sponsors list (CSOL).

    CSOL is a list of occupations that are in demand in Australia. Aryanto’s nominated Occupation of “Gardener” was on the list.

  • He would have to meet the relevant skill level and have the relevant qualifications for the position.

  • The minimum salary offered by the sponsoring company (at that time) must be at least AUD $52,400 per annum and in the case that there is Australian employee in the company, working in the same position; his salary offer would have to be equivalent.

    This is known as the Market salary rate requirement.

  • with 457 visa, he would also be required to undertake an IELTS Test and score at least 5 in all components.

    Aryanto also met this requirement.

Having met all these conditions, Aryanto arranged for us to find a suitable company and within 2 months, we had secured him a job offer as a Gardener; perfectly in line with his recent Australian Diploma qualifications and passion for Horticulture.

Straight after finding the company, we were able to lodge the Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) Visa application for him and while it was being processed, immigration provided him with a Bridging Visa.

With our professional support, it only took one month for this visa to be granted.

He followed our advice and last February 2015, we helped him apply for the permanent RSMS (subclass 187) Visa after having worked fulltime in that same company for 2 years.

Just a month or so ago, his permanent working visa (RSMS) was granted.

That’s the story of Arianto whose obtain his permanent working visa after transitioning from student visa to 457 visa.

The possibilities to do what Aryanto had achieved is still wide open.

Are you the next one to fullfil their wish to live and working in Australia?

Mrs. Indah Melindasari, our registered migration agent will help you strategize the best plan to getting your preferred Australian visa.

We lay actionable step by step plan which each step bringing you closer to stay and work in Australia.

Those plan is backed with more than 8 years professional experiences of succeeding in handling many complex visa case from client all over the world.

Book an appointment with Mrs. Indah to start the first step of your journey to stay and work in Australia.

If you’d like to find out how we can help you do the very same thing and secure a permanent Australian working visa today, call our friendly Perth consultants on +61 08 94775831.

ONE derland Consulting has extensive experience in dealing with a complex case of working visa in which the applicant are coming from all over the world.  To find further information on Working visa’s in Australia and your eligibility, please contact our office on (+61) 089477-5831 or email: [email protected]

Published On: September 10th, 2015 / Categories: Working Visa_en /

Share This Article, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start your visa application?

DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Photo Bu Indah
Indah Melindasari B.Com

Lead Migration Agent - MARN 0961448

1300 827 159

    Your Name

    E-mail Address

    Phone Number

    Your Message

    By submitting my data i agree to be contacted.

    Related Posts

    Australian Visa Regulation Changes July 2020

    June 22nd, 2020

    FAQ Impact Coronavirus to Australian Visa

    March 24th, 2020

    Updated Regulations Work & Holiday Visa 462 & Working Holiday Visa 417 Holder After Australia Bushfires

    March 12th, 2020