417 VISA – Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417
Working Holiday Visa subclass 417 is a visa program intended for young people overseas who want to travel to Australia and fund their trip by working. This visa program is suitable for people looking for adventures and work experience in Australia. It allows you to travel, work, and study (for up to 4 months) in Australia during the 12 months of your stay. You will be able to stay longer in Australia after your first working holiday visa ends by applying for a second working holiday visa and a third working holiday visa if you meet the requirements.
Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 Eligibility
There are six requirements that you must meet before you apply for a Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417:
- You must be a passport holder from one of these countries::
- Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
- Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old. For Canadian, Irish, and French citizens, the maximum age is 35 years old.
- You must never have entered Australia using visa subclass 417 or 462 before, unless you are applying for a second or third working holiday visas based on your eligibility from the previous working holiday visa held.
- You must show a financial evidence of minimum AUD $5,000 to support yourself while you are in Australia until your departure.
- When you are applying for your first Working Holiday Visa, you must apply for this visa from outside Australia and must be outside Australia at the time of decision.
- You must not be accompanied by any dependent.
Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 Processing Time:
The processing time for this visa is between 1 – 19 days.
However, the application might take longer to be processed if:
- you don’t complete your application correctly
- you don’t include all necessary documents or further information is required from your side
- it takes longer time for the Department of Home Affairs to verify your information
Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 Cost:
Applying for this visa costs AUD $635 payable to the Department of Home Affairs.
Be noted that the above visa application charge might change in July every year.
What You Can Do With Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417
- Allows you to travel in Australia in a longer duration, for up to 12 months
- Allows you to work part timely, casually, or full timely for up to 6 months per employer during your travel
- Allows you to gain more work experience while on a holiday
- Allows you to study or take a course for up to 4 months
- Allows you to leave and enter Australia as many times as you want
- Allows you to continue to the second and third working holiday visa if you meet the requirements that allows you to extend your travel in Australia while funding your trip.
Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 Frequently Asked Questions
ONEderland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your WHV Subclass 417 questions!
- Will I be able to continue to the second working holiday visa if I am 30 years old by the time I am on my first working holiday visa?
- No. you must be no older than 30 years old by the time you apply for the second and third working holiday visa. In this case, you are not eligible to continue to the second and third program, unless you are a Canadian, French, or Irish Citizen then the maximum age is 35 years old.
- Can I get the 417 visa twice?
- You can only apply for the working holiday visa once only. You are not allowed to apply for this visa if you have previously entered Australia with the 417 or 462 visa. If you have been on the first working holiday visa, then you may continue to the second working holiday visa.
- What work can I do on 417 visa?
- What work can I do on 417 visa?
- During this program, you are allowed to do any work possible. There are many industries that you can work in, such as agriculture industries, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, mining, and construction. You can work as much or as little as you want in full-time, part-time, casual, paid or voluntary work. However, the work is restricted to a period of six months with any single employer. You may continue to the second working holiday visa once you meet the requirement of 3 months of work experience or 88 days’ period during your first working holiday visa.
- What happens if I work for more than 6 months during my WHV?
- You are not allowed to work beyond 6 months with the same employer or in the same employment, unless you obtain permission from the Department of Home Affairs. If you do work beyond 6 months without permission, then you would have breached the condition of your visa and your visa may be subject to cancellation. You can continue working with your employer when you continue to the second WHV.
- How do I extend my working holiday visa to the second program?
- You must apply for the second WHV before your first WHV expires. If you wish to come back later, you should apply for the second WHV before you turn 30 years old (35 years old maximum for Canadian, French, and Irish citizens). You can only apply for the second WHV maximum one year after you finish your first WHV.
417 VISA Three Steps Process
Step One : Prepare all the required documents
You must first gather all of the required documents and organize a health examination. You must check if there are any additional requirements for your country.
Step Two : Apply for the visa
You can lodge the visa online through the IMMI Account or appoint a migration agent to assist you. After lodging, you should monitor your application in case the department requires additional information or documents from your visa application through the IMMI account and provide all the documents and accurate information. Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can start the student visa application. You can lodge the visa application through the IMMI account and provide all the documents and accurate information.
Step Three : Visa Outcome
Once your visa is granted, you will receive a visa grant letter with some information such as your visa grant number, the date your visa starts and ends and your visa conditions. Then you are ready to start your journey!
Quick Links Related to Australia Working Holiday Visa
Share This Information, Choose Your Platform!
Ready to start your visa application?
DHA recommends for people who wants to obtain Australian visa seeks migration agent help for their visa application to reduces the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances migrating to Australia.
“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”
Maria Helen De Guzman
Bridging Visa E