EMPLOYMENT MIGRATION – Migrate And Work In Australia Through A Company Sponsorship 2023
Employment Migration Program Australia Overview
What is employment migration? Who is eligible for this program?
Employment migration is the most well known program for people who want to migrate and work in Australia. It is a company sponsorship program, meaning, workers around the world are able to migrate and move to Australia if they have an approved company that is willing to sponsor them.
Eligible companies may sponsor skilled workers to come under their employment in Australia if their occupation is listed on the relevant Skilled Occupation List and their experience matches the requirements.
The advantage of the employer sponsored program as compared to General Skilled Migration program is that if you do have a sponsor you will more likely be working in your chosen field and have better job security as even though there are more limitations on your work through the employer sponsored program with the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program you are not guaranteed a position therefore sometimes GSM visa holders may be working in a different role than their nominated occupation or even a different field.
There are 4 visa options for this program, which are Employer Nomination Scheme subclass 186, Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme subclass 187, Temporary Skill Shortage subclass 482, Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 494.
Benefits of obtaining Employment Migration Program
- Lower application fees and processing times then GSM program.
- Guaranteed work within your occupation and skill set.
- Less complicated application process then GSM.
- Sponsor will assume most of the cost of the program.
Different Types of Employment Migration Program Australia
The Employer Sponsored program allows companies in Australia a chance to sponsor overseas workers to live and work in Australia for their nominating Australian employer.
You must be able to evidence your skills and qualifications in a nominated occupation from a relevant Skilled Occupation List.
This program offers both temporary and permanent options, along with nationwide and regional options.
Permanent Residence Employer Sponsorship Visa
This visa lets a worker who is nominated by an employer to work and migrate to Australia permanently. This visa has 3 streams, which are Direct Entry Stream, Labour Agreement Stream, and Temporary Residence Transition Stream.
- You must be nominated by an Australian employer.
- Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
- You must have at least Competent English.
This visa lets a worker who is nominated by an employer to migrate and work in regional Australia permanently. This visa has 2 streams, which are Direct Entry Stream and Temporary Residence Transition Stream.
- Be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia.
- Be under 45 years of age.
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements.
Permanent Residence Employer Sponsorship Visa
This visa lets a worker who is nominated by an employer to work and migrate to Australia temporarily. This visa has 4 streams, which are Short Term Stream, Medium Term Stream, Labour Agreement Stream, and Subsequent Entrant.
- Your occupation is on either the short-term skilled occupations list for the Short term stream or Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL) for the long term stream.
- Depending on your occupation, you can live, work, and study in Australia for between 2 to 4 years.
- You must be nominated by your employer.
Temporary Regional Employer Sponsorship Visa
This visa lets a worker who is nominated by an employer to migrate and work in regional Australia temporarily up to 5 years. This visa has 3 streams, which are Employer Sponsored Stream, Labour Agreement Stream, and Subsequent Entrant.
- You must be nominated by an employer.
- You must have relevant work experience for at least 3 years.
- You must have a positive skill assessment outcome.
- You must be no older than 45 years old.
- You must show that you have met the minimum standards of English language proficiency.
Up-to-date information regarding the Australian employment migration pathway written by our expert team.
Becoming an Approved Standard Business Sponsor
This is demonstrated through evidencing:
- Operating lawfully
- A Registered Business
- Actively operating
Under the terms of an approved business sponsorship, the company must ensure that sponsored employees are provided with terms and conditions of employment no less favourable than those which would be provided to an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Adherence to these obligations is paramount and continually monitored by the DHA, even after the visa application for a nominated position has been approved. Breaches of these obligations can result in warnings or civil penalties.
The obligations include notifying the DHA of relevant changes, including changes to the company structure or solvency, and changes to the sponsored person’s employment. The employer must keep records of compliance with sponsorship obligations, cooperate with the DHA and its investigators in any investigation of potential breaches and pay reasonable travel costs associated with the sponsored employee, including costs of removal from Australia should they become unlawful.
- Ensuring the occupation is found on either the STSOL, ROL or the MLTSSL;
- Ensuring the nominee is remunerated in line with the market salary rates and not less than the salary threshold of $53,900 plus superannuation;
- Evidence that the business has a genuine need for the position; and
- Evidence to support the genuineness of the employment position.
Obtain Australian Working Visa Easily and Safely in Three Simple Steps
Plan Your Migration Process Professionally
Schedule an appointment with our migration agent to discover the visa option best suits you and plan the step by step strategy.
Get Your Plan Going
Together we will make your migration dream come true by crafting a decision-ready partner visa application for you or your partner which results in an improved chance of being granted a working visa.
Live Your Dreams
The Australian working visa is now within your grasp. Enjoy your dreams that have now become true.
Ready to start your visa application?
DHA recommends that people who want to obtain an Australian visa seek a migration agent help for their visa application to reduce the risk of refusal. We are here ready to help you so you don’t waste your money, time and chances of migrating to Australia.
“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”
Maria Helen De Guzman
Bridging Visa E