🚨🚨 Instant Visa Recommendations 🚨🚨 Just answers a few simple questions and get Australian visa recommendations instantly.

eVisitor Visa Subclass 651

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448
Updated July 2024
Subclass 651 Visa - eVisitor

The 651 Visa, or eVisitor Visa, allows you to visit Australia as often as you want in a 12-month period and stay up to 3 months each time. It provides more flexible criteria than the normal Visitor Visa and is free of application charge.

About the eVisitor (subclass 651)

The eVisitor (subclass 651) is a travel authorization similar to a visa. It is specifically designed for certain eligible passports only. It allows you to visit Australia for up to 12 months but only stay in the country for 3 months on each visit. You can visit Australia on a 651 Visa for holiday or business visit purposes.

Who is eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa?

You are eligible for the eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa if you are a citizen and hold a valid passport from one of the following countries:

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • The Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Republic of San Marino
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom – British Citizen
  • Vatican City

Be noted that you cannot apply with:

  • A non-citizen passport, certificate of identity, or other travel documents.
  • A British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person, or British Subject Passport.

What are the other requirements?

You must also meet the following requirements to apply for the 651 Visa:

  1. Meet the health requirement.
  2. Meet the character requirement; however, if you have a criminal conviction in any country, you should apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) because you might be refused entry if you arrive in Australia on an eVisitor.
  3. Pay your debts to the Australian Government. This situation is applicable for your family members whether they apply for this visa or not. Hence, if you or your family member owe Australia Government money, you or your family members must have paid it back or arrange to pay it back.
  4. Be a genuine visitor by staying temporarily in Australia and obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa.
  5. You must have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia and leave Australia at the end of your stay.
  6. Best interests of the child. Australian Government might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.

What the eVisitor Allows You to Do

As a holder of an eVisitor, you are allowed to:

  1. Travel to Australia on a cruise, for a holiday, to visit family or friends or as a business visitor.
  2. As a business visitor, you can:
    • make general business or employment inquiries;
    • investigate, negotiate, sign or review a business contract;
    • make an official government visit; and
    • participate in a conference, trade fair, or seminar. However, the organisers cannot pay you for taking part. You also cannot work for or provide services to a business or organisation and sell goods or services to the public.
  3. Study or train for up to 3 months and do volunteer work on the eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa.
  4. Allow you to leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.

eVisitor (subclass 651) Application Process

You can submit an eVisitor (subclass 651) application online through the IMMIAccount portal:

  1. Create an account for IMMIAccount. If you already have one, you can skip this part.
  2. Enter your personal information, passport data, and purpose of travel.
  3. Attach supporting documents.
  4. Submit the application.
  5. Wait for the outcome. Within a day or two, you will receive an email verifying your visa application. The grant letter will include your visa grant number, the commencement date, and the duration of your visa validity.

What You Must Prepare for an eVisitor (subclass 651) Application

First and foremost, you must prepare the essentials, such as:

  • Passport with a validity period of at least six months
  • An active email address
  • A scanned copy of your passport’s biographical page

Then, to ensure a smooth application process, it’s best to be prepared for potential requests for additional documentation. So, prepare the following documents too:

  • A scanned copy of your identity card (issued by your home country’s Government).
  • Documents proving the reason for your visit.
  • A detailed travel itinerary.
  • Confirmation of your travel and accommodation arrangements in Australia, such as hotel reservations or tickets to tourist places.
  • Details of your flight.
  • Proof of your intention to go back home, i.e. intended return date from your work or educational institution, or documentation of your family’s obligations and dependents back home.
  • Bank statements from the last three months.
  • Details of travel companions, if you’re not travelling alone.

How much does the eVisitor Visa Subclass 651 Cost?

Good news! There is no visa charge payable to the Department for this visa application. It means you can apply for this visa for free. However, in some cases, you may need to pay an online processing fee of AUD 20.

Criminal Convictions

You will not be permitted to enter Australia on an eVisitor subclass 651 Visa if you have one or more criminal convictions in any country and were sentenced for a total of 12 months or more (served or not served). 

Consider applying for the Visitor Visa (subclass 600) if you’re in this situation.

Health Requirements and Health Insurance

You must meet the health requirements for the eVisitor subclass 651 Visa. You may not enter Australia on this visa if you have active tuberculosis.

It’s strongly recommended to have private insurance in hand as you must be responsible for your own medical expenses in Australia. Unless the Australian Government, together with your home country, have arranged a reciprocal health care agreement.

Can I extend my stay?

No, the eVisitor subclass 651 Visa cannot be extended. You must leave Australia before your eVisitor expires.

If you are in need to extend your stay, consider to lodging other type of visas that suit your purposes. Explore the visa options here with us.

Frequently Asked Questions For Subclass 651 Visa

ONE derland Consulting managing director and also registered migration agent, Indah Melindasari, B.Com (MARN 0961 448) is here to answer your questions for 600 Visa!

  • Who can apply for an eVisitor Visa (subclass 651)?
    • Only the citizen of the listed countries can apply for an eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa. The citizen of the listed countries also must hold a valid passport to apply for this visa.
  • What is the difference between eVisitor Visa (subclass 651) and Visitor Visa (subclass 600)?
    • eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa allows you to stay up to three months in Australia, and this visa is available only for the listed countries.
    • The Department also does not require any visa charge on eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa application.
    • On the other hand, Visitor (subclass 600) Visa is available for tourists from countries around the world. This visa allows you to stay between 3 to 12 months in Australia, subject to conditions imposed on the visa.
    • Besides, there is a charge that you must pay to apply for a Visitor (subclass 600) Visa.
  • Is eVisitor Visa (subclass 651) the same as ETA?
    • eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa is similar to ETA where both of the visas allow you to visit Australia for up to 3 months each time you enter Australia.
    • The main difference between them is only certain passport holders of certain countries can apply for ETA or eVisitor.
    • Depending on your circumstances, if you hold a passport that is eligible for both visas, then eVisitor visa may likely be the easiest and least costly option for you.
  • Can I stay for more than three months on an eVisitor Visa (subclass 651)?
    • No, you cannot. You can stay up to 3 months only on each visit to Australia with an eVisitor (subclass 651) Visa.
  • Can I include my family in the eVisitor Visa (subclass 651) application?
    • You cannot include your family in your eVisitor Visa (subclass 651) application.
    • You need to make a separate visa application for each of your family members who wants to travel with you.
  • Will there be a visa label in my passport?
    • The Australian Government will digitally link your visa to your passport. Hence, you will not get a label in your passport.
  • What should I do if I have some changes in my situation?
    • You have to tell the Department regarding the changes in your situation, including changes to your phone number, email, address, or passport, changes to your relationship status, and the birth of a child.

Share This Information, Choose Your Platform!

Ready to start with your 651 eVisitor visa application?

We’ve helped hundreds of people around the globe by providing them with high quality document work for their eVisitor 651 visa application.

Never take unnecessary risk. Let ONEderland Consulting, the best Australian visa expert in Perth handle your case.

Contact us through the form below to take the first step of your journey to Australia.

“Massive thanks to all the team specially Indah and Jamie. My visa conditions was very complicated but they did a great job. Definitely one of the best.”

Maria Helen De Guzman

Bridging Visa E

Indah Melindasari MARN 0961 448

Indah Melindasari, B.Com

Lead Migration Agent – MARN 0961 448

1300 827 159

Contact Form EN

By submitting my data I agree to be contacted.

Indah Melindasari Registered Migration Agent in Perth - Migration Agent Perth - ONEderland Consulting